U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which city has your most ideal weather.
Atlanta 15 4.98%
Denver 22 7.31%
Houston 6 1.99%
Miami 24 7.97%
Minneapolis 28 9.30%
New Orleans 4 1.33%
New York 21 6.98%
St. Louis 7 2.33%
San Diego 114 37.87%
San Francisco 37 12.29%
Seattle 17 5.65%
Washington D.C. 6 1.99%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-29-2012, 11:33 AM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 11,796,452 times
Reputation: 4853

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
They have pretty much the same climate so what's the point in listing two cities with identical climate? It's like listing Philly and NYC.
Just assume that someone wanted to live downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
9,832 posts, read 7,672,514 times
Reputation: 6288
Omitting L.A. as an option was a blessing in disguise. Not only would it get half the votes San Diego currently has, but the "I love 4 seasons" crowd would suddenly become 10x more vocal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA
2,346 posts, read 3,379,938 times
Reputation: 1080
There are 24 votes for Minneapolis and its in third place. We can throw this poll away, just like almost every other poll on this forum for that matter since everything clings to the biased urban enthusiasts with their hands firmly in their pants when 4 seasons, urbanity, and American history come up. I call it the insecure and inferiority complex gang that seem to be running this forum.

My votes for San Diego, it has the weather everyone envies whether they want to admit to it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 04:04 PM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 11,796,452 times
Reputation: 4853
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
There are 24 votes for Minneapolis and its in third place. We can throw this poll away, just like almost every other poll on this forum for that matter since everything clings to the biased urban enthusiasts with their hands firmly in their pants when 4 seasons, urbanity, and American history come up. I call it the insecure and inferiority complex gang that seem to be running this forum.

My votes for San Diego, it has the weather everyone envies whether they want to admit to it or not.
I really really don't envy the weather of San Diego, or any part of California. I need heat, humidity, rain, and some chilly weather, every now and then. That's the truth for me and many others here, whether you want to admit or not.

I can picture vacationing in SD during August, when summer is at its worst, but living there? No way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 1,026,715 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
There are 24 votes for Minneapolis and its in third place. We can throw this poll away, just like almost every other poll on this forum for that matter since everything clings to the biased urban enthusiasts with their hands firmly in their pants when 4 seasons, urbanity, and American history come up. I call it the insecure and inferiority complex gang that seem to be running this forum.

My votes for San Diego, it has the weather everyone envies whether they want to admit to it or not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I really really don't envy the weather of San Diego, or any part of California. I need heat, humidity, rain, and some chilly weather, every now and then. That's the truth for me and many others here, whether you want to admit or not.

I can picture vacationing in SD during August, when summer is at its worst, but living there? No way.
That poster is a San Francisco booster. If something doesn't show them in first they call it fake or unfair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis
2,532 posts, read 2,496,288 times
Reputation: 4250
Some people actually enjoy experiencing four seasons. I'm not sure why the poll results represent a problem for anyone. The three included cities that could be reasonably argued to have a distinctly "cold" season (NY, MSP, DEN) are receiving well under one-third of the combined vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Atlanta & NYC
6,620 posts, read 11,664,574 times
Reputation: 6603
Atlanta's weather is freakin' perfect for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2012, 01:09 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,453 posts, read 25,401,064 times
Reputation: 8919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Just assume that someone wanted to live downtown.
Why? So you can act like the climates are different? If you want Downtown La weather in SD then live inland. If you want Downtown SD weather in La then live by the coast. No point in listing them separate really. Would you bother listing Philly and NYC as two different climates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2012, 02:19 PM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 11,796,452 times
Reputation: 4853
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Why? So you can act like the climates are different? If you want Downtown La weather in SD then live inland. If you want Downtown SD weather in La then live by the coast. No point in listing them separate really. Would you bother listing Philly and NYC as two different climates?
I'm saying you should look at it from the cores of each city, in case someone wanted to live there.

The OP listed Houston and New Orleans. Why aren't you all up in arms over that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2012, 04:02 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,453 posts, read 25,401,064 times
Reputation: 8919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm saying you should look at it from the cores of each city, in case someone wanted to live there.
?
The OP listed Houston and New Orleans. Why aren't you all up in arms over that?
Again WHY? What does it matter, this is talking about climate not what type of built environment someone prefers?

Outside of coastal CA this might not matter since no other places produce the types of microclimates as Ca but many people do decide whether to live inland or on the coast because of the climate. The microclimate found in DT LA is too hot for some and for Downtown SD it's too cool and cloudy for others. Many in the Bay Area choose where to live based on microclimate too, a big reason I wouldn't live in the city of SF is b/c of the climate.

Well I've lived in Southern Ca and know the climate of the region but I agree that Houston and NOLA probably don't need to be listed separately either based on what I understand about their climates. But why is it so hard for you to admit they have the same climate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top