U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 11:53 AM

56,823 posts, read 81,169,050 times

Advertisements

What are some sites that provide information about what's going on in Downtowns in your state?

Here's some that I found for the state I live in:
Watertown NY Downtown*Business Association - Public Square
Downtown Utica Development Association
http://www.plattsburgh.com/index.php/Website-Directory/Listings-By-Community/Plattsburgh-City/Downtown-Plattsburgh.html (broken link)

Buffalo Place
Rochester Downtown | experiencing downtown | doing business downtown | living downtown
Downtown Syracuse

The Downtown Albany Business Improvement District (BID)
Welcome to The City of Troy - Troy's RiverSpark Visitor Center , Historic Downtown Neighborhood Troy NY (http://www.troyny.gov/neighborhoods/historicdowntown.html - broken link)

Homepage - Downtown Schenectady Improvement Corporation
Enjoy Downtown Saratoga Springs, New York
Downtown Glens Falls, NY Official Guide to Attractions, From Movies to Theatre (http://www.aboutglensfalls.com/activities/ - broken link) , Glens Falls offers world-class art museums, galleries and talented musicians

Binghamton Downtown Incorporated
http://www.elmiradowntown.com/
Corning's Gaffer District - Corning, New York - Shopping - Entertainment - Museums - Food
Home > Downtown Ithaca Alliance
Welcome To Downtown Cortland NY - Home
Welcome to Auburn Downtown
Downtown Geneva, New York 14456 - The Difference is Downtown!
Oneonta Business Resources, Grants, Assistance, Main Street, Downtown , Visit Oneonta, NY - Home

Downtown White Plains : Westchester : New York : A New Take On City Living
Yonkers Downtown
Welcome to Downtown New Rochelle
Peekskill Downtown-Home page
The Middletown Downtown Business Improvement District - Located in the historic city of middletown new york nestled below the catskills in the hudson valley - www.middletownbid.com

Batavia Business Improvement District NY
Canandaigua New York
DiscoverJamestown.com - Jamestown, New York - Home (http://www.discoverjamestown.com/new/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/ - broken link)
Downtown Olean

Downtown Alliance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 12:37 PM

20 posts, read 65,893 times
Cleveland
Dayton
Youngstown
Cincinnati
Akron
Columbus
Toledo

Quite a few to get info about! I'll see if I can dig anything up.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:56 PM

8,061 posts, read 16,104,972 times
Everyone knows Boston, so I'll post a few for Downtown New Bedford, Massachusetts.

The primary one is Downtown New Bedford INC. It's my favorite.

next, you have AHA New Bedford (AHA= Art, History, Architecture).

Of course, because a lot of downtown New Bedford is a National Historic Park, they have their own Website for downtown New Bedford.

You also have the NB Economic Development Council's site

Most of the major institutions there have their own websites as well. I'll post a few:
The New Bedford Whaling Museum
New Bedford Ocean Explorium
New Bedford Art Museum
New Bedford Symphony Orchestra
Zeiterion Theatre
Artworks!
UMass Dartmouth College of Visual and Performing Art (CVPA)

Old 12-15-2009, 10:49 AM

4,925 posts, read 9,794,273 times
The thriving city (cough, cough) of Fayetteville, TN...

Fayetteville, Tennessee -- Welcome from the Mayor

Fayetteville Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce

Old 12-15-2009, 12:46 PM

8,061 posts, read 16,104,972 times
^Oh, come on! Fayetteville is nice. It's a nice little city. So far, no one has posted a major metropolis which is what I (personally) find more interesting. I like info on smaller cities... most of which I haven't been to and many of which I haven't even heard of.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:42 PM

4,925 posts, read 9,794,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
^Oh, come on! Fayetteville is nice. It's a nice little city. So far, no one has posted a major metropolis which is what I (personally) find more interesting. I like info on smaller cities... most of which I haven't been to and many of which I haven't even heard of.
Oh, I absolutely agree...it's why I live nearby.
But to call it thriving, or a city is a bit of a stretch...

Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,847,660 times
Downtown NOrfolk:
downtownnorfolk.org

Downtown Richmond:
venturerichmond.org.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:39 AM

6,490 posts, read 16,185,928 times
Historic Downtown Special Improvement District:Downtown Jersery City | The Jersey City Historic Downtown Special Improvement District
Downtown JC List message board: Jersey City List - The most visited Jersey City, NJ site on the internet
Jersey City Bar Guide: Jersey City Bar Guide - Ratings and Reviews of Jersey City Bars, Clubs, Pubs and More
JC Fridays (free arts events every Friday): JC Fridays - A day of free arts events in downtown Jersey City, N.J.

Development news
New Yorks Sixth: New York's Sixth - Downtown Jersey City and Hoboken
JC Construction: JERSEY CITY CONSTRUCTION

Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 AM

11,189 posts, read 22,415,451 times
A couple stats on Chicago's downtown:

154,000,000 square feet of office space in the central area
590,000 people work in the downtown area office market

32,100 hotel rooms in the downtown area
45.6 million domestic and overseas visitors in 2008 contributed over 11 billion to the economy. Many of those include people seeing the city for conventions.

34 bus routes enter the downtown area from other parts of the city.

21 passenger train routes enter the downtown area from other parts of the city/metro, as well as numerous Amtrak routes.

31 train stations serve the downtown area for the L, Metra, Southshore and Amtrak

Over 80,000 college students attend school in the greater downtown area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.