Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:02 PM

332 posts, read 772,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorac View Post
I think California should only have 3 teams so one of the teams in California should move & I say not San Diego or San Francisco. I would however love to see a team move to San Antonio/Austin or New Mexico or Oklahoma. If Jacksonville does move I hope they keep the name. L.A. Jaguars. If Oakland moves I hope they change the name. How about the Los Angeles Sharks LOL & then we could have a Dolphin vs Shark Superbowl LOL
California does have only three teams, so no need to move any of them. And no way will the Raiders ever change their name. I do agree that San Antonio would be a good spot for a team; however, I would prefer that everyone stays put.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 08:18 PM

146 posts, read 508,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user376 View Post
California does have only three teams, so no need to move any of them. And no way will the Raiders ever change their name. I do agree that San Antonio would be a good spot for a team; however, I would prefer that everyone stays put.
That's what I mint to say. California has 3 teams. If the Jaguars or Rams move they would have 4 or possibly 5 which is way uncool. So one of the 3 teams in California needs to be the one that moves. Out of all the most populated states Texas has the least teams which is strange because Football is big in Texas. Florida & New York are smaller then Texas but have 3 teams each even though the Giants & Jets are in New Jersey that is basically part of the New York metro area so it's in New York, I guess?? right LOL

Old 01-19-2010, 08:42 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
California deserves five teams before Florida deserves two.

As for Texas, the Texans are just getting around to making room for themselves when just about everybody in the state is a Cowboy fan.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:01 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
Teams that should move:

Jacksonville Jags (too small of a market, low support, games dont sell out and are often blacked-out,
and the fans are very fareweather)

Arizona Cardinals (the 'fans' like to think of themselves as fans but they are only fareweather and dont
deserve having a team, and Phoenix generally does not have a lot of support for its
teams due to its transient population).

Cincinnati Bengals (low support, cant make money, and they are partly within the Colts' territory as
they are winning)

Oakland Raiders (too close to San Fran)

Carolina Panthers

Tennessee Titans

Buffalo Bills

Detroit Lions

San Diego (too close to America's 2nd largest metro area of L.A)

Green Bay (by far the smallest NFL market)
Most of these teams are doing just fine where they are. Why should the Bills move? The team could be 2-9 and it could be 5 below zero out, and every last seat will still be occupied.

Who cares if SD is close to L.A.? There are still 3 million people there which makes it a formidable market separate and apart from L.A.

If the Bay Area can support two teams, why not have two teams? Raiders fans are among the most rabid out there, so why should the Raiders go anywhere?

The Packers' market isn't just Green Bay, it's all of Wisconsin -- that's 5-1/2 million people. The Packers have sold out every game since 1963. They're not going anywhere.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,187,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
I somewhat agree about the Titans - they should move from Nashville to Memphis because the latter is the larger city in Tennessee .
I don't think so. They are one of only a handful of teams to have sold out this last season, and have done so consistently year after year. Nashville also has a more desirable geographic location in the state, being in the middle of the state drawing people from all over the state, thus making them, more accurately, the TENNESSEE Titans, and not just the Memphis/Arkansas/Mississippi Titans. Also, Nashville is more centrally located to other greater population centers and does draw fans from other states and cities.

Quote:
Teams that should move:

Tennessee Titans
Why do you think this?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Why do you think this?
I guess because Nashville isn't a "traditional" large market or something.

He's the same guy who thinks the Packers should move, so don't pay him any mind. If the Packers ever ceased to exist in Green Bay, it'd probably be because the league collapsed or something.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:04 AM

726 posts, read 2,147,603 times
I think the Bills will end up in Toronto. Not because of a lack of fan base but because the amount of money the Rogers people in Toronto are willing to shell out is obscene and they're already warming everyone up for it.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:40 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choosing78 View Post
I think the Bills will end up in Toronto. Not because of a lack of fan base but because the amount of money the Rogers people in Toronto are willing to shell out is obscene and they're already warming everyone up for it.
So give 'em the Jaguars. The Bills are doing fine right where they are.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:54 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
So give 'em the Jaguars. The Bills are doing fine right where they are.

Yeah, I really hope the Bills stay in Buffalo. It would be devestating to the area to lose the Bills.... some of the best fans

Old 01-20-2010, 04:14 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Teams that should move:

Arizona Cardinals (the 'fans' like to think of themselves as fans but they are only fareweather and dont
deserve having a team, and Phoenix generally does not have a lot of support for its
teams due to its transient population).

Cincinnati Bengals (low support, cant make money, and they are partly within the Colts' territory as
they are winning)

Carolina Panthers

Tennessee Titans

Detroit Lions

San Diego (too close to America's 2nd largest metro area of L.A)

Green Bay (by far the smallest NFL market)
Spoken like someone who knows NOTHING about the subject he is talking about.

Let's take this one at a time:

Arizona Cardinals - new stadium recently built in one of the country's largest media markets. They're going nowhere.

Cincinnati Bengals - The Bengals are NOT a low support team. The Bengals ARE making money. Cincinnati is NOT in the Indianapolis market. If anything, the Colts moved in on the Bengals' market.

Carolina Panthers - no reason for them to move

Tennessee Titans - no reason for them to move

Detroit Lions - see AZ Cards

San Diego Chargers - they might move; but for the the reason you gave

Green Bay Packers - The fact that you think they even can move tells me all I need to know about your knowledge on the subject
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.