U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 08:52 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,457,761 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a city that might actually have a good job market. I want off unemployment. I have a degree in elementary education and am hoping to get into a speech language pathology program. I am also looking for a city that might be good for singles and have safe areas for a single female. I have lived in Indiana and Arizona so I could live in a cold or hot climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 AM

139 posts, read 407,521 times
Any big city in Texas ( Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio). All are doing fairly well economically, are safe, and have great singles scenes.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 AM

21,230 posts, read 30,469,580 times
The Washington DC metro is probably the best for you in terms of job prospects and being a good place for singles. The unemployment rate is around 5.75%-6%, versus the 10% national average. There are some excellent public school systems in the area also. Check out Fairfax County, Arlington County, Alexandria County, Loudoun County and Prince William County in the Northern Virginia suburbs. In suburban Maryland look at Montgomery County, Howard County and Anne Arundel County. Washington, DC's school system is typical of most urban public school systems and has some challenges. You might actually have a pretty decent shot of landing a position there more easily than one of the suburban districts, at a higher rate of pay also. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or