U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:42 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,406,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Steve-o just has a hate-on for anything that doesn't embellish his Chicago. I was once a Chicagoan...only once.
It was a joke, but in your posts we can see your hate for: "Anything that embellishes Chicago."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 02:22 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,200,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Those commas go inside of your quotations. It's also "punctuation" and not "puncuation."

Chicago schools shining bright!

j/k
LMAO! I hope he uses spell-check and rechecks his punctuation next time he decides to "educate" others.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:43 PM

5,656 posts, read 7,466,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
It was a joke, but in your posts we can see your hate for: "Anything that embellishes Chicago."
lol, ok.

I have no beef against Chicago except for the winter weather and some of the residents who feel the need to constantly bash the Sunbelt...oh, and those who feel they know me better than I do, thank you. Apparently you speak for Steve-O too.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I didn't say everybody.
Don't be so sensitive.
Sure thing, and your intention wasn't to come across as saying that people (some) are tiring of the Sunbelt because it's so much better back at home.

LOL.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:16 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,248,699 times
What most people dont know is that people who moved into formerly fast-growing areas of the Sunbelt--Phoenix and Vegas--during the boom years are now beginning to move out during the bust years. Phoenix has become nothing more than an overpopulated, overbuilt, congested, concrete mess. The area grew much too fast to keep up with its basic needs. What attracted people to the area is now pushing them out. Arizona's economy is now much too small to support its 6.4 million population. Not too mention the over-inflated cost of living, no jobs, being foreclosure central and abysmal schools. I'm just glad many many people are beginning to see that. As for me, I will soon be moving from Arizona to greener pastures (literally and metaphorically) in Wisconsin. ARIZONA IS NOT WHAT IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE BY MIDWESTERNERS WHO THINK IT IS SOME SORT OF EDEN OR SOMETHING. I've lived here for four years and cant stand it. Arizona has become highly over-rated!

Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
What most people dont know is that people who moved into formerly fast-growing areas of the Sunbelt--Phoenix and Vegas--during the boom years are now beginning to move out during the bust years. Phoenix has become nothing more than an overpopulated, overbuilt, congested, concrete mess. The area grew much too fast to keep up with its basic needs. What attracted people to the area is now pushing them out. Arizona's economy is now much too small to support its 6.4 million population. Not too mention the over-inflated cost of living, no jobs, being foreclosure central and abysmal schools. I'm just glad many many people are beginning to see that. As for me, I will soon be moving from Arizona to greener pastures (literally and metaphorically) in Wisconsin. ARIZONA IS NOT WHAT IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE BY MIDWESTERNERS WHO THINK IT IS SOME SORT OF EDEN OR SOMETHING. I've lived here for four years and cant stand it. Arizona has become highly over-rated!
Please take it somewhere else PLEASE. Do you constantly need to spam the same message with your overgeneralizations day-in day-out in different threads? We know how much you hate Phoenix. Honestly.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:04 PM

7,617 posts, read 9,474,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
You're choosing a good state to move to, though. Madison, I presume..

Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 PM

7,412 posts, read 8,258,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'm sure most regions in the "Sun Belt" are happy to have less people [except Texas but they will eventually also want less people moving in]. The only downside is that with the higher population in Texas could mean more Republicans!

Old 12-28-2009, 08:58 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,350,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I'm sure most regions in the "Sun Belt" are happy to have less people [except Texas but they will eventually also want less people moving in]. The only downside is that with the higher population in Texas could mean more Republicans!
Actually, the larger Texas gets, the more purple it seems to get. It's only a matter of time before Texas becomes a blue state.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:11 PM

7,412 posts, read 8,258,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Actually, the larger Texas gets, the more purple it seems to get. It's only a matter of time before Texas becomes a blue state.
You are exactly right. Because who are the people moving to Texas? - mostly Californians & people from the Great Lakes\ Northeast. I've heard that all the large Texas cities vote strongly Democratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.