U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 09:25 PM

5 posts, read 8,200 times

Advertisements

I am tired of hearing it at the stores "Merry Christmas" They should ask me first if it's okay to say that to me.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:01 PM

904 posts, read 1,635,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma View Post
I am tired of hearing it at the stores "Merry Christmas" They should ask me first if it's okay to say that to me.
*Shakes head*. Seriously, is it really that big of a deal? It's the United States, Christmas is a common holiday in this country that almost everyone celebrates. With your logic, if someone had to stop and ask someone if it's okay for them to say Merry Christmas to them their most common response would be "Are you f**** kidding me?, of course it is!". I'm sorry to hear your day goes to complete **** because someone was trying to be nice to you and said Merry Christmas to you, out of common courtesy. I could see you being upset if someone assumed you were a KKK klan member or something, but wishing you a Merry Christmas? Accept it and move on. Ugh.

EDIT: LOL @ myself. If this isn't a serious thread I'm going to look soo dumb. Sorry, I work in retail, people make a huge deal out of small things. It irks me sometimes. If it's a fake thread though, please point and laugh at me hahaha.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:05 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,973,253 times
If I were in a Buddhist nation that celebrated Buddha's birthday I doubt I'd be bothered or upset by "Happy Buddha day" or whatever they say. Depending on what it entails I might celebrate it with them. (Although, on the whole, I prefer Confucius to Buddha)

This seems like it's in the wrong place though.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:42 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,238,017 times
There is already a similar thread going on, but considering the actual question I'm going to consider this a non-serious post. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or