U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM

6,509 posts, read 7,454,824 times

Advertisements

I would never live anywhere east of Ohio or north of virginia. The northeast is way too crowded, way to fast paced and the people are cold and unfriendly. New York, Boston or Philidelphia would be a nightmare for me. I dont understand why anyone would want to live like sardines in a can, all while paying thousands a month for the pleasure. I cant imagine living with all that liberalism, not being able to hunt and fish, not being able to own a house. I dont care how much money can be made there, it sounds like a total living nightmare.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:27 PM

316 posts, read 557,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I would never live anywhere east of Ohio or north of virginia. The northeast is way too crowded, way to fast paced and the people are cold and unfriendly. New York, Boston or Philidelphia would be a nightmare for me. I dont understand why anyone would want to live like sardines in a can, all while paying thousands a month for the pleasure. I cant imagine living with all that liberalism, not being able to hunt and fish, not being able to own a house. I dont care how much money can be made there, it sounds like a total living nightmare.

Hahaha New Yorkers are going to get you!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM

833 posts, read 597,357 times
Las Vegas is the one place I wouldn't want to live in again. For me the traffic and the medical care were the greatest reasons to move.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:51 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,232,834 times
Quote:

Some people don't mind living in cramped quarters if it means living in the biggest/best city in the country, in their opinion.

No way do most people pay thousands a month on pleasure. There are actually a lot of free things to do in NYC.

Also, we lived in Queens for a while while my sister and I grew up, and my dad still hunted and fished. He just went a few hours upstate to hunt. We also live on an island, which makes it easy to fish

Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,756,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Some people don't mind living in cramped quarters if it means living in the biggest/best city in the country, in their opinion.

No way do most people pay thousands a month on pleasure. There are actually a lot of free things to do in NYC.

Also, we lived in Queens for a while while my sister and I grew up, and my dad still hunted and fished. He just went a few hours upstate to hunt. We also live on an island, which makes it easy to fish
Not everybody wants to live in (your opinion) the best city in the country. Many of us (me included) don't want to ever live in NYC

Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,319,905 times
Quote:
Yes, because every inch of every northeastern state is urbanized. You will not see a single tree. Forests are non existant, only streets, sidewalks, and those sardines you speak of!! Its crazy, like you can go hundreds and hundreds of miles in the northeast and it feels like your just in one city. Its so weird. Its like...all urban. You wouldn't believe it because hunting doesn't exist, ANYWHERE. That's because there is no where to hunt. Lakes don't exist either, and fish? Those sewer (closest things we have to water in the northeast) fish just can't be eaten! Its, like, a total nightmare

Old 01-04-2010, 08:26 PM

133 posts, read 263,545 times
Detriot, I visited some family there in the southwestern part when I was about 12 and that was about 2002. I'm sorry for all those who live there but it was so bad.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:31 PM

592 posts, read 476,761 times
Detroit, and probably L.A.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:35 PM

5,847 posts, read 11,015,870 times
Quote:
You really need to get out and visit a place before you make an inane statement like this.

Do you know what you can find just 20 miles from NYC? Boston? Philly?

The NE goes wilderness very fast. There are Bear problems in NJ and Upstate NY.
There are parts of the Catskills and Poconos that feel like West Virginia. Then you have the Adirondacks, a NYS park that is larger than Yellowstone and Yosemite, combined.

Almost everyone north of Putnam County in NY either hunts or fishes. I bet you have never tried game fishing off the atlantic coast.

On top of it all you would be surrounded by the most spectacular scenery east of the Rocky Mountains.

And what is it with being surrounded by liberalism?
Are you that closed-minded that you can't accept a difference of opinion?
I'm a east/west coast liberal in the heart of Conservative Country. I even buy my groceries at a Walmart on Ronald Reagan Boulevard.
I get along just fine and dandy with my Gun-loving, God-Fearing, Bible thump'n neighbors.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:50 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,756,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
You really need to get out and visit a place before you make an inane statement like this.

Do you know what you can find just 20 miles from NYC? Boston? Philly?

The NE goes wilderness very fast. There are Bear problems in NJ and Upstate NY.
There are parts of the Catskills and Poconos that feel like West Virginia. Then you have the Adirondacks, a NYS park that is larger than Yellowstone and Yosemite, combined.

Almost everyone north of Putnam County in NY either hunts or fishes. I bet you have never tried game fishing off the atlantic coast.

On top of it all you would be surrounded by the most spectacular scenery east of the Rocky Mountains.

And what is it with being surrounded by liberalism?
Are you that closed-minded that you can't accept a difference of opinion?
I'm a east/west coast liberal in the heart of Conservative Country. I even buy my groceries at a Walmart on Ronald Reagan Boulevard.
I get along just fine and dandy with my Gun-loving, God-Fearing, Bible thump'n neighbors.

This post should be directed toward those from the NY area who have never visited texas or other places and bash them.

Are you willing to say this same thing to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or