U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:54 PM

5,847 posts, read 11,015,870 times

Advertisements

Yep.

But at least I have visited Texas and spent some time there. I only comment on places I have been to and spent time in.

and you may notice that I am posting from Missouri.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,756,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Yep.

But at least I have visited Texas and spent some time there. I only comment on places I have been to and spent time in.

Fair enough, but you are not the one of the people I was referring to regarding bashing other areas you have never been to. As long as you recognize that it works both ways

You seem like a fair enough person

Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,232,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Not everybody wants to live in (your opinion) the best city in the country. Many of us (me included) don't want to ever live in NYC

Where did I say everyone wants to live in NYC?

Old 01-04-2010, 09:48 PM

5,098 posts, read 7,582,059 times
i know we're only supposed to pick one but it was too hard

i think i'd be miserable if i had to live in new york city or anywhere west of texas

just the idea of living in the west makes me feel homesick. i don't even think i could enjoy a vacation in sunny california without worrying that something would happen to keep me from going home lol

and new york...uhhh...there are some cool people up there, but it's too large, too dense, too old, and too pretentious for my taste. and talk about ugly people oohwee lol

...and why is everybody complaining about south florida weather? when you're in miami you're not supposed to be wearing clothes

Old 01-04-2010, 10:09 PM

31 posts, read 65,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I would never live anywhere east of Ohio or north of virginia. The northeast is way too crowded, way to fast paced and the people are cold and unfriendly. New York, Boston or Philidelphia would be a nightmare for me. I dont understand why anyone would want to live like sardines in a can, all while paying thousands a month for the pleasure. I cant imagine living with all that liberalism, not being able to hunt and fish, not being able to own a house. I dont care how much money can be made there, it sounds like a total living nightmare.
New Hampshire my friend. Freest state in the union. They basically have no laws.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 PM

13,236 posts, read 24,407,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
just the idea of living in the west makes me feel homesick. i don't even think i could enjoy a vacation in sunny california without worrying that something would happen to keep me from going home lol

...and why is everybody complaining about south florida weather? when you're in miami you're not supposed to be wearing clothes
Y'know, every airport in the west has daily flights back east.

Re: South Florida weather, there are some of us who don't enjoy being hot.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,097,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
there are two. Dallas and houston. No natural beauty. Flat. Too humid. Too evangelical. In texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachael84 View Post
i agree

Old 01-05-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
There are two. Dallas and Houston. No natural beauty.
for the most part, true

Quote:
Flat.
there are large parts of dallas that are anything but flat

Quote:
Too humid.
dfw can hardly count as being humid

Quote:
Too evangelical.
trying to share your beliefs with others...what a crime. and you've obviously only been to the suburbs

Quote:
In Texas.
yes because arizona is the land flowing with milk and honey

Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 PM

5,643 posts, read 7,444,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
for the most part, true

there are large parts of dallas that are anything but flat

dfw can hardly count as being humid

trying to share your beliefs with others...what a crime. and you've obviously only been to the suburbs

yes because arizona is the land flowing with milk and honey

Having lived in D/FW, Austin, Central Texas:

*There are large parts of Dallas that are completely flat.
*DFW is not as humid as Houston, which is VERY humid; nonetheless, it still can get pretty sticky.
*Those evangelical churches are also in the cities. Granted, the cities have more democratic voters than the suburbs, but there are still plenty of evangelicals in the cities.
*No one said AZ is the land of flowing milk and honey, in fact our economy is suffering right now; however, Texas also used to have a sh***y economy as well and bounced back.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Having lived in D/FW, Austin, Central Texas:

*There are large parts of Dallas that are completely flat.
fair enough
Quote:
*DFW is not as humid as Houston, which is VERY humid; nonetheless, it still can get pretty sticky.
not enough to say that overall, dallas is humid

Quote:
*Those evangelical churches are also in the cities. Granted, the cities have more democratic voters than the suburbs, but there are still plenty of evangelicals in the cities.
true, but i'm curious to know how this can be viewed as a negative. the most that is likely to happen is you get invited to a church once in a while...oh my gosh! lock the doors!

Quote:
*No one said AZ is the land of flowing milk and honey, in fact our economy is suffering right now; however, Texas also used to have a sh***y economy as well and bounced back.
oh please by putting "in texas" at the end of his post it's quite obvious what he was implying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or