U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 09:34 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,533,631 times

Advertisements

Detroit. I can't see myself living in that city at all. I've had a fantastic time the few times I was in Detroit, but a large majority of the city itself doesn't seem to be exceptionally livable for obvious reasons.

Many of the Detroit suburbs, however, are some of the nicest in the country and if I were to someday decide to start living a suburban lifestyle, I would definitely consider Metro Detroit...but I don't see myself heading for a suburban lifestyle anytime soon.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:39 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,957,409 times
(by major Us cities, I'm assuming 350K+ pop)
There's a few.

Jacksonville- It resembles a gigantic redneck suburb in a lot of the city. (which is too much of a cultural shock for me to even think of living) It's also has horrible weather (IMO) and a shabby downtown for such a size.

Miami- I know I'm picking on FL (sorry) but it's just far away from my living desires. It's too hot/mild for too much of the year, the economy is a well known disaster, and I rather live in a place where the majority of the residents speak English as their first language. Crime is also becoming more and more of an issue there. (I want positive change, not negative.)

Detroit- It's (for the most part) Run-down, crime filled, and in desperate need of a revival.

Los Angeles- The overall hype is rather a let down once you visit the place. The weather IMO sucks, It's also hard to fit in judging on where your limited budget throws you. I'd also like to mention that the stereotype for LA's people as air-headed and seemingly slow isn't as bad as the media makes them out to be, but it's bad enough for me to not want to live among the people that fit the criteria.

Atlanta- It's in the south for one, which is one thing I'm not fit for, the weather sucks IMO, and I also don't like the idea that the cost of living and growth is rising when its crime rates are an issue that's not doing much of anything but being high.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:40 PM

95 posts, read 57,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Nice to see you've never been there.
It is an OPINION..... remember?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:41 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,319,905 times
Some need to read the title again, now don't they?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:42 PM

I would never live in Atlanta

Old 12-26-2009, 09:45 PM

316 posts, read 557,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDN99 View Post
I would never live in Atlanta
hahaha you think you are slick im not falling for that!

Old 12-26-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
hahaha you think you are slick im not falling for that!
Falling for what?

I would never live in Atlanta.

What don't you understand about it?

Old 12-26-2009, 10:20 PM

316 posts, read 557,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDN99 View Post
Falling for what?

I would never live in Atlanta.

What don't you understand about it?
no I said that I would not live in any of the cities above the sunbelt states and people are coming back down on the southern cities but thats ok...
You don't have to live in Atlanta and thats cool but I know that 5.6 million people do... Atlanta is not the crime out city that people try to make it out to be.. Its just like any other major city, it has its dangerous points, buts its not a war down here like people will make you think it is..

Old 12-26-2009, 10:37 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,756,567 times
New York City

Too stressed, too dense, too many fake liberals

1st runnerup would be Phoenix (can anyone say boring)

2nd runnerup is Vegas, one word: cheesy

Old 12-27-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
no I said that I would not live in any of the cities above the sunbelt states and people are coming back down on the southern cities but thats ok...
You don't have to live in Atlanta and thats cool but I know that 5.6 million people do... Atlanta is not the crime out city that people try to make it out to be.. Its just like any other major city, it has its dangerous points, buts its not a war down here like people will make you think it is..
Honestly, I never saw your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or