U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2009, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
1,142 posts, read 2,507,317 times
Reputation: 1138

Advertisements

New York city and Pittsburgh, where I live now. NY because it's way too busy and Pittsburgh, well, just read any Pittsburgh thread!!

 
Old 12-27-2009, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,230,919 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Youve never been, so how would you know?

I'll say this again..I went last summer.
 
Old 12-27-2009, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,230,919 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
New York City. I know it is what it is, but frankly, I hate the place. I prefer places that dont smell like **** and vomit.


lol you must have only been here in the 1970s, if you even have been here, because it doesn't smell that way at all.
 
Old 12-27-2009, 11:02 AM
 
Location: In the heights
22,104 posts, read 23,627,108 times
Reputation: 11599
NYC is full of interesting smells, but it's definitely not all or even significantly **** and vomit.
 
Old 12-27-2009, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Southern Minnesota
5,990 posts, read 11,561,033 times
Reputation: 3232
Atlanta. Heat, humidity, Deep South culture, sprawl, and high crime.

Before you say anything, yes, I live there now. Just moved from Michigan. Trying like heck to get out.
 
Old 12-27-2009, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,237 posts, read 24,403,441 times
Reputation: 13004
Miami is probably my number 1. No offense, I just don't think I'd like the weather.

Dishonorable mentions, primarily for the same reason as above:
Houston
Atlanta
Phoenix
San Francisco
San Diego

and many more.
 
Old 12-27-2009, 11:27 AM
 
1,712 posts, read 2,756,327 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
How does this differ from San Francisco?

By the way, what's a "fake" liberal? Someone who's really conservative but claims to be liberal, or superficial liberals?

Different from SF because SF has nice scenery and good weather

Fake liberal is one that talks the talk but does not back it up
 
Old 12-27-2009, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Cold Frozen North
1,928 posts, read 4,630,254 times
Reputation: 1274
Too many to list for me. But a few at the top of my list I would never consider are:

San Francisco
Detroit
Miami
New York
Boston
Any city in New Jersey
Gary
Houston

Now, if I was forced to live near these cities for job reasons, I would choose the upper middle class suburbs and commute in.
 
Old 12-27-2009, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Willowbend/Houston
13,403 posts, read 21,182,398 times
Reputation: 10279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I'll say this again..I went last summer.
How much time did you spend in Dallas and Houston respectively and what did you do?
 
Old 12-27-2009, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Willowbend/Houston
13,403 posts, read 21,182,398 times
Reputation: 10279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
lol you must have only been here in the 1970s, if you even have been here, because it doesn't smell that way at all.
I was there 2 weeks ago. Our office is just off 42nd st and yes, it still had that aroma to it. Not everywhere in NYC smells, but Ive come across more foul smells in that city than anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top