U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:50 AM

2,786 posts, read 5,679,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
The fastest growing region of the state would actually be Central Kentucky......
Lets see your stats? You do whatever you can to bash NKY/Ohio, but yet you know nothing about this area. Your opinion are not true FACTS.

Now, hand me the stats. This should be interesting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadejoe View Post
ya know I really like northern kentucky too. My husband on the other hand feels like there is too much "sprawl". Too many sub-divisions and strip malls and like you said just an extension of Cinci. Do you feel like Louisville or Chattanooga is similar? I have heard some really great things about Bowling Green and Chattanooga. We really would place proximity to outdoor recreation at the top of our list as well as a family friendly town. I'm thinking Chattanooga might fit the bill a little more on that but not sure as I have not been there. But I have spent lots of time in N. Kentucky over the past ten years. We go down there about three times a year or more.
I would probaly go wtih Chattanooga. I like the feel better down there. You would be impressed with what the downtown area has to offer. From the aquarium and so forth. You are also closer to the mountains. Tennessee's scenery is better than Kentucky's in my opinion. You run into far more progressive cities too.

Knoxville like I stated earlier, is extremely underrated. The only area that I would really say look into would be Louisville in Kentucky. If NKY is out of the question.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:03 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,576,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Lets see your stats? You do whatever you can to bash NKY/Ohio, but yet you know nothing about this area. Your opinion are not true FACTS.

Now, hand me the stats. This should be interesting...
Spencer County (47.7% growth):
Spencer County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Boone County (34.0% growth):
Boone County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Growth rates are between April 2000 & July 2008.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Spencer County (47.7% growth):
Spencer County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Boone County (34.0% growth):
Boone County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Growth rates are between April 2000 & July 2008.

Exactly! Now lets see the rest of the growth of that region there. It still isn't growing as fast as NKY. Notice, you even highlighted it, I said region. You bring me one county. REGION...

Old 01-03-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Exactly! Now lets see the rest of the growth of that region there. It still isn't growing as fast as NKY. Notice, you even highlighted it, I said region. You bring me one county. REGION...
Dude, look up Madison Co, Jessamine Co, Scott Co, Garrard Co, all in Central Ky have fast growth rates. As a whole this would make Central Ky the fastest growing region of the state.

Boone County is the only county in Northern Ky with a comparable growth rate.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Dude, look up Madison Co, Jessamine Co, Scott Co, Garrard Co, all in Central Ky have fast growth rates. As a whole this would make Central Ky the fastest growing region of the state.

Boone County is the only county in Northern Ky with a comparable growth rate.
Dude! The problem is, you sit there and consistantly bash NKY/Cincinnati. You say what you want without looking up the stats. You fail to realize that Cincinnati (city proper is growing), Cincinnati metro area is growing, Butler and Warren Counties (on the Ohio side are rapidly growing), and Hamilton County (Cincinnati) is also growing. Last I check, Jefferson County (Louisville) was declining in population.

Central Kentucky is experiencing that growing due to sprawl. Thats not the best thing. That means you are seeing and exodus of people leaving Louisville. Louisville has smart growth growing on, but after L'ville, Convington/Newport have the most development going on in Kentucky. Lexington's new tallest is now a field that floods when it rains.

I don't know. Maybe it bothers you to see the amount of construction going on in Cincinnati, the culture, the diversity, the billions being invested downtown. I don't bash Kentucky to make SW Ohio look better. But you certainly bash Cincinnati to make Louisville and Lexington look better. I do not talk bad about Kentucky, unless usually YOU talk bad about Ohio.

Its quite ammusing reading your comments.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:36 PM

To the OP. Sorry to have got off track here.

InLondon, if you have a problem, don't ruin another thread, send me a private message.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
To the OP. Sorry to have got off track here.

InLondon, if you have a problem, don't ruin another thread, send me a private message.
Interesting, I was simply correcting you. I am free to do so.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:08 PM

171 posts, read 415,851 times
I appreciate all the comments related to my original question. Your info has been really helpful. From what I have here it seems like Chatt or Knox would be good choices for us and worth checking out. We already have time scheduled to visit Louisville and Lexington in April and will be visiting Tennessee in June. Any good camping areas in Tennessee that you would recommend? We have friends in the Kentucky area to stay with but don't know a sole in Tennessee so camping in close proximity to Chattanooga and Knoxville would be ideal.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:02 PM

823 posts, read 1,166,532 times
There are a couple of state parks close to Chattanooga to use and of course the national park is within an hours drive of Knoxville to camp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or