Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 06:50 PM

484 posts, read 1,584,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Never mind....thought you meant a lap dance kinda place.
Yeah, there's definitely no shortage of those in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 06:56 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I think those declined because they were deemed sexist.

Although there are male-only organizations, and even a few all male colleges, so maybe they have clubs. Wabash, Morehouse, and Hampden-Sydney are the three surviving men's colleges so they might have clubs. The Knights of Columbus is limited to men and they have centers.

The following seems to list "gentlemen's club" in the traditional non-stripping meaning.

List of American gentlemen's clubs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cool information! I found out about a club in my area that I didn't know about before.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:17 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
My VFW post is mostly men, very few female members and the only females who go in the bar are wives of members.

Masonic lodges are male-only. Stateside they do not usually drink, but it is up to the members, if the members decide that they wish to drink they can. Drinking is more common in Masonic lodges overseas.

Shriners drink [oh lordy do they drink]

I have been in four Shrine Temples, everyone of them has had at least one bar.

One Temple that I visited in Ct had a seperate bar downstairs for each of their 'clubs'. Upstairs they had a bar for everyone to get started; but downstairs there was one bar for the band, and another bar for the motorcycle club, another bar for the clowns, and one for the Legion of Honour [military retirees], one for the yacht club, and there was one other but I do not recall if I ever made it into that last bar they had.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:40 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,597,964 times
There is a men's grill and a ladies card room at my country club. There is nothing sexist about it, sometimes you just want to be with the guys, talking about guy stuff.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:55 PM

27 posts, read 48,426 times
Adam4Adam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.