Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,352,395 times

Advertisements

I believe it. It was pretty annoying riding the Staten Island ferry every day for a year and having tourists ask me take pictures of them passing the Statue of Liberty. At least I made a few bucks here or there doing so. However, after a while, I passed myself off as a foreigner myself just so they'll get off my back.

Ahh..memories. I really need to come back for a visit.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:17 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,839,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
I believe it. It was pretty annoying riding the Staten Island ferry every day for a year and having tourists ask me take pictures of them passing the Statue of Liberty. At least I made a few bucks here or there doing so. However, after a while, I passed myself off as a foreigner myself just so they'll get off my back.

Ahh..memories. I really need to come back for a visit.

Pretended you were a foreigner? That's funny

Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,291,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I think u need to fall back. This thread proves how its not new yorkers who are the bad ones. Dudes like this justcause,machiaveli etc get new yorkers started

How do you know most are day trippers. NYC gets 8 million plus international visits, way more than atlanta or any other city in the US. Nycs tourist numbers are impressive period. That whole day trip business is just nitpicking. Even if it was a'lot of people visiting the city during the day, it doesnt make it any less impressive

Your comparing a city to the biggest 24/7 365 theme parks in the world. The fact ny is number one is impressive no matter how you slice it.

Also ATL has to get past san fran,chicago,la,dc,houston before it can even think about touching new york. So we dont wanna hear about it in threads that have nothing to do with it. Compared to new york atl is the suburbs fall back
No, you need to fall back.

This thread was started for nothing more than bragging rights and yet another chance to bash supposed "lesser" places in the most arrogant, backhanded way possible. Facts and figures don't matter, yet anecdotes and emotion do. Laughable, if it wasn't so ignorant.

Perhaps if YOU knew what you were talking about, you would already realize that Atlanta is on equal footing with all of those cities when it comes to visitors. Care to explain how we have more hotel rooms than most of the cities you mentioned?

I could care less what cities you wish to hear about. This is an open forum - deal with it, or choose not to respond.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:44 PM

18,960 posts, read 32,424,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
lol go take a look at the threads that have closed--I haven't posted in any of them. And don't mention that last thread, because you told me to shut up, I reported it, and that's why it closed. See what I mean? All you do is bicker and make us go off-topic.

Let's ignore him from now on and have a nice civil discussion on this. No one respond to him
You do the same thing, get real already and quite being so hypocritical. This on-going fued you guys have gets so damn tired. And yes you do participate in threads that get shut down quite often, both of you.

Best Pizza; shut down. Most fashionable City; shut down. I could name a few other probably too. Did you not participate and argue in those Racheal? Also noticed you didn't post for a month a while back? Did you get banned for a month? I'm thinking so, so that should tell you something right there. The reason I noticed is b/c the forum seemed less tense and fewer threads were being shut down. Quite playing the damn victim and take responsibility for your own actions. At least admit you're just as argumentative as anyone else continuing this crap. It takes more than one person to argue. And while you're not the only one that participates in this crap obviously, you're just as guilt as everyone else. This whole purpose of this thread was to argue and boast, quite fooling yourself and admit it already.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:48 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,839,302 times
Nope, we were having a nice discussion about the top tourist attractions until somebody came and ruined it.

Those threads got closed because of all the personal attacks against me. You should see some of the awful, awful insulting things people say to me. At least I don't say mean things about people. I have a mod messaging me about how tons of people are getting infractions for the comments they're making ABOUT me. I don't make comments about people; just about places. If you don't like it, don't read my posts. Simple enough.

I haven't been on much lately because of work and vacations.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:50 PM

8,488 posts, read 20,545,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Your comparing a city to the biggest 24/7 365 theme parks in the world. The fact ny is number one is impressive no matter how you slice it.
This being said, would you agree that Orlando has been impressive over the last 20 years or so?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:52 PM

749 posts, read 2,426,931 times
Quote:
It's always the same 2 posters saying the same false nonsense. There's a huge inferiority/jealousy issue here. You're right, and so are the 5 or so other people who have agreed with us Luckily we never come across people like them in real life.
No, issues of inferiority and jealousy are better demonstrated by individuals on CD who routinely visit other states threads to belittle and make negative remarks about those people and regions and cultures, all the while boasting and bragging about thier own locale. I think it fills some kind of void or elevates thier fragile egos, perhaps it provides them with a distraction from thier dismal standing in life ,be on the lookout and report it when ever you see it is my suggestion.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:52 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,291,021 times
Hey, I apologize to anyone that was offended in any way.

This thread was obviously started to do nothing more than boast and bash. A tried and true avenue for this particular poster.

My entire issue here is that when presented with facts, every single possible excuse is used to discredit, bash, belittle and yes, lie.

If she had the capability to admit it when proven wrong, most of these threads would never reach this point. She obviously has no such capability.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:00 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,066,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
No, you need to fall back.

This thread was started for nothing more than bragging rights and yet another chance to bash supposed "lesser" places in the most arrogant, backhanded way possible. Facts and figures don't matter, yet anecdotes and emotion do. Laughable, if it wasn't so ignorant.

Perhaps if YOU knew what you were talking about, you would already realize that Atlanta is on equal footing with all of those cities when it comes to visitors. Care to explain how we have more hotel rooms than most of the cities you mentioned?

I could care less what cities you wish to hear about. This is an open forum - deal with it, or choose not to respond.

No trust me you need to fall all the way back. This thread is about orlando and new york. Yet your going on and on about atlanta conventions, who cares? How was orlando being bashed?

This should have just been a discussion about how orlando and new york stack up against each other, no other cities involved

Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 PM

18,960 posts, read 32,424,325 times
Quote:
I wonder how some people on C-D think that no one wants to visit dirty NY?
Quote:
There are a lot of NY haters on here for some reason.
When this is how you start a thread, a civil discussion is mostly likely the last thing you will get. I dunno if you're that naive to think beginning a thread like this will lead to civil discourse on City-Data but it almost never does.

Look, I don't have anything personal against you and I don't even know why I chose to say anything since it doesn't involve me. But myself and others just see this crap all the time with you guys. I noticed during that time you didn't post, Machiavelli didn't either. I'm thinking both of you got a month long ban, you were active yet didn't post. I notice stuff and you were banned for month, it's was obvious to me.

And yes some of the crap people have said about you is wrong, I've actually reported some of it before b/c it was way out of line. That is not right but that still doesn't excuse your own behavior nor does it justify it. Anyone arguing is just as guilty as the other person. I include myself in saying that as I can get into petty arguments as well but you guys just take the cake when it comes to them. haha!

It's Friday and we all need to lighten up a little!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.