U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:02 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,236,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
No trust me you need to fall all the way back. This thread is about orlando and new york. Yet your going on and on about atlanta conventions, who cares? How was orlando being bashed?

This should have just been a discussion about how orlando and new york stack up against each other, no other cities involved

Just ignore him and he'll stop starting flame wars.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:08 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,150,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
No trust me you need to fall all the way back. This thread is about orlando and new york. Yet your going on and on about atlanta conventions, who cares? How was orlando being bashed?

This should have just been a discussion about how orlando and new york stack up against each other, no other cities involved
Just stop with this fall back crap.

This is a thread about the top tourism cities, of which Atlanta is certainly one.

Rachael's pathetic attempt to belittle and minimize anyplace not NY needed to be addressed. When presented with several facts, she starts to flail about for ANYTHING in a weak attempt to prove her point, but again flat-out refuses to admit it when proven wrong - repeatedly. It's a pattern that many people here are more than tired of.

I suggest you go to the link that was posted at the beginning of the thread to get a clearer picture of what this is about.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,668,482 times
Los Angeles is a better destination than NY these days. Most people don't realize it and that's why they go to NY. It's better that way - let all the rednecks and hipster NYer-wannabes go to NY and try to live out their "Sex in the City" and "Rent" fantasies, eating a greasy, disgusting slice of Sbarro pizza and thinking it's REAL NOO YOWRK PEETZUHH, freezing on the ice and slipping on the sidewalks, or if it's summer stepping in the dog poop all over the sidewalks, gawking at the lights in Times Square and buying crappy knockoff watches, or their name written in birds from the street vendors...meanwhile I'll be enjoying a cool beverage at the Getty overlooking the Pacific, or maybe chowing down on a fish taco (something you really can't get in NYC) at Venice Beach, on a perfect 70-74 degree day....

Last edited by BergenCountyJohnny; 01-08-2010 at 12:24 PM..

Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,236,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Los Angeles is a better destination than NY these days. Most people don't realize it and that's why they go to NY. It's better that way - let all the rednecks and hipster NYer-wannabes go to NY and try to live out their "Sex in the City" and "Rent" fantasies, eating a greasy, disgusting slice of Sbarro pizza and thinking it's REAL NOO YOWRK PEETZAAA, freezing on the ice and slipping on the sidewalks, or if it's summer stepping in the dog pop all over the sidewalks, meanwhile I'll be enjoying a cool beverage at the Getty overlooking the Pacific, or maybe chowing down on a fish taco at Venice Beach, on a perfect 70-74 degree day....

I guess it's just what people prefer. They're two very different types of vacations. I'd like to go to San Francisco though. I've always wanted to go there. But I'd stop in LA for a couple days just to go on the Price is Right

Old 01-08-2010, 12:18 PM

3,012 posts, read 5,319,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Just stop with this fall back crap.

This is a thread about the top tourism cities, of which Atlanta is certainly one.

Rachael's pathetic attempt to belittle and minimize anyplace not NY needed to be addressed. When presented with several facts, she starts to flail about for ANYTHING in a weak attempt to prove her point, but again flat-out refuses to admit it when proven wrong - repeatedly. It's a pattern that many people here are more than tired of.

I suggest you go to the link that was posted at the beginning of the thread to get a clearer picture of what this is about.
This thread is about New york and orlando period. Had it been a thread about atl and orlando, and we brought up new york out of no where, we would get a lot of flack for that

And how exactly is this an attempt to belittle orlando. If anything its a match up of tourism powerhouses

Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 PM

3,012 posts, read 5,319,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Los Angeles is a better destination than NY these days. Most people don't realize it and that's why they go to NY. It's better that way - let all the rednecks and hipster NYer-wannabes go to NY and try to live out their "Sex in the City" and "Rent" fantasies, eating a greasy, disgusting slice of Sbarro pizza and thinking it's REAL NOO YOWRK PEETZUHH, freezing on the ice and slipping on the sidewalks, or if it's summer stepping in the dog poop all over the sidewalks, meanwhile I'll be enjoying a cool beverage at the Getty overlooking the Pacific, or maybe chowing down on a fish taco at Venice Beach, on a perfect 70-74 degree day....
Stuff like this is exactly what i was talking about with my first post

Old 01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,822 posts, read 33,209,949 times
This long ago ceased to be a useful discussion. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.