U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,190,290 times
Reputation: 2774

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
There's other tourist destinations we can compare with, that are usually on the top 5. A lot of people just chose to compare it to Orlando on this thread. I think the comparison is getting boring. We should compare some of the other popular tourist destiations.
No. The reason for the comparison is that this is the first time NY passed Orlando.

Big difference.

There is a reason Orlando has more hotel rooms than NY does. And as I mentioned earlier, so do Vegas and Atlanta. Most of their visitors don't live within driving distance, like many of NY's do.

 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,289,893 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
No. The reason for the comparison is that this is the first time NY passed Orlando.

Big difference.

There is a reason Orlando has more hotel rooms than NY does. And as I mentioned earlier, so do Vegas and Atlanta. Most of their visitors don't live within driving distance, like many of NY's do.

Here we go...picking apart my posts to start pointless arguments. Are going to make this thread close too?

I just did a search on expedia. NYC has 533 hotels, Orlando has 499, Las Vegas 207, and Atlanta 523. So no, these cities do not surpass NY.
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 30,769,479 times
Reputation: 7282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Here we go...picking apart my posts to start pointless arguments. Are going to make this thread close too?

I just did a search on expedia. NYC has 533 hotels, Orlando has 499, Las Vegas 207, and Atlanta 523. So no, these cities do not surpass NY.
He said Hotel rooms......
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,289,893 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
He said Hotel rooms......

If anything, NY has more since we have the high rise hotel buildings.
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,190,290 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Here we go...picking apart my posts to start pointless arguments. Are going to make this thread close too?

I just did a search on expedia. NYC has 533 hotels, Orlando has 499, Las Vegas 207, and Atlanta 523. So no, these cities do not surpass NY.
It would be impossible to take the thread-closure title away from you. You are the forum Queen of that.

If you read my post more closely, you would see that I said hotel ROOMS, not number of hotels.

And yes, Vegas, Orlando and Atlanta all have more hotel ROOMS than NY does. It's a fact that most educated people are aware of.
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,289,893 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
It would be impossible to take the thread-closure title away from you. You are the forum Queen of that.

If you read my post more closely, you would see that I said hotel ROOMS, not number of hotels.

And yes, Vegas, Orlando and Atlanta all have more hotel ROOMS than NY does. It's a fact that most educated people are aware of.

Find me a reliable source that lists how many hotel rooms are in each city then.

And no, I reported you for saying "shut up" to me. That's what caused the thread to shut down. A mod messsaged me telling me this.
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Hernando County, FL
8,488 posts, read 17,992,078 times
Reputation: 5397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Here we go...picking apart my posts to start pointless arguments. Are going to make this thread close too?

I just did a search on expedia. NYC has 533 hotels, Orlando has 499, Las Vegas 207, and Atlanta 523. So no, these cities do not surpass NY.
Hotels tend to be different sizes.

NYC has 76,000 rooms and Orlando has over 111,000 rooms.
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,190,290 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Find me a reliable source that lists how many hotel rooms are in each city then.

And no, I reported you for saying "shut up" to me. That's what caused the thread to shut down. A mod messsaged me telling me this.
How interesting that I didn't report you for making up a blatant lie about me.

The proof is on you, Rachael. Ask any travel agent, it's a known fact.

Again, Vegas, Orlando and Atlanta all have more hotel rooms than NYC. Wonder why that is?
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,289,893 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
How interesting that I didn't report you for making up a blatant lie about me.

The proof is on you, Rachael. Ask any travel agent, it's a known fact.

Again, Vegas, Orlando and Atlanta all have more hotel rooms than NYC. Wonder why that is?

I'm asking for proof. Anyway, a real estate agent will know nothing about hotel rooms, lmao. They sell houses in case you didn't know. You think you're right, so you prove it to me where you found this information.
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,289,893 times
Reputation: 1819
Well, whichever city has the most, NYC is still the #1 tourist destination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top