Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:27 AM

4 posts, read 39,166 times

Advertisements

how easy is it to get a work permit in the USA as im from the uk and looking to move to the USA for a year or two. im looking to find a place in louisville ky or in clevland OH were my cousion lives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2006, 08:18 PM

17 posts, read 115,750 times
TO;GARRY
IT take's 3 months when you file or to request working permit for more information try this website
{ http://www.uscis.gov} a guide for new immigrants.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:36 AM

148 posts, read 1,228,546 times
I'd also assume that coming from the UK, it should be quite easier to obtain one as opposed to if you were from a nation on the DHS watch list. As for the 3 months wait, if the USCIS is anything like the DMV, I'd expect a ridiculously longer return time and an unnecessarily complicated application process.

America- Hurry up and wait

Good luck.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:29 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,955 times
Default Good luck Gary

I believe a work permit is granted only if there's a job waiting for you and usually the employer helps in the paperwork and to verify the need for a foreign skilled worker as opposed to an American. However, maybe I'm wrong. If you're in the medical field, an Registered Nurse or doctor, you'd have no problem. Otherwise, the best thing to do might be to come on a tourist visit and overstay and work under the table at restaurants or some other type of employment you can can be paid in cash. Just be aware, if you're caught, you'll be denied entry into the USA in the future once they throw you out. Too bad you're not Mexican. They just crawl over, under, and through the border and then boldly demand rights!

Old 07-02-2006, 11:58 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,437,836 times
Garry, you're going about it the right way by wanting to do everything legally. You'll just have a much better life here that way. Hope things work out for you and we can welcome you to the U.S.A.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:18 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry
how easy is it to get a work permit in the USA as im from the uk and looking to move to the USA for a year or two. im looking to find a place in louisville ky or in clevland OH were my cousion lives
Yes that is also the same with me but am coming from New Zealand and want to get a job in aviation.

Also getting US Citizenship, i've read and heard that it is hard.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 29,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry View Post
I am also in a similar situation. I am a UK citizen and am getting married to a girl working in US on H1-B visa. Is it possible for me to get a work permit in US once I go over there on H4 visa?

Old 03-18-2008, 07:55 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,891,133 times
You guys need to talk with a lawyer specializing in Immigration issues (its the US, we have a lawyer for everything ) I don't know how much it costs but I'm sure you can call them for free. Pm me and I can recommend one. Good Luck!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:11 AM

2 posts, read 53,258 times
Can I get a work pemrit from a USA employer
If yes
How & what time it may take

Old 04-23-2008, 12:12 AM

2 posts, read 53,258 times
Who will answer me

I need a work permit from a authorised USA employer

Where can I search authorised USA employer who sponsor me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.