U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:18 AM

6,839 posts, read 6,181,041 times

Advertisements

Off of that list I would go to Arizona.

Florida State would be ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 11:28 AM

1,345 posts, read 3,767,526 times
UW-Madison is always huge. Was rated #1 by Playboy a couple years back. I know it's also top 20 for public college academics. Football games are huge there and then there's the two big parties. Mifflin Block Party in May is great and Halloween on State St is even bigger. At one point it was said to be the biggest party in the US behind New Years Eve at Times Square and Mardi Gras in New Orleans. May have dropped a bit since now the city blocks off State St and charges to get on. This way they can pay for the extra police and cleanup since it has been know to turned into a riot. However, they are also able to afford stages with bands this way.

As for the whole UW system that you mentioned, the schools are smaller than Madison. Milwaukee has about 30,000 students and is the closest. They are all pretty big party schools though. Especially with Milwaukee being "America's Drunkest City". UW-La Crosse has a big Oktoberfest bash.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:41 PM

6,628 posts, read 12,502,634 times
As far as partying goes it's tough to beat Florida State. It's a pretty insane scene down there.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:46 PM

5,847 posts, read 11,015,870 times
West Virginia has been consistently rated in the top 10 for the last 30 years

Old 01-09-2010, 05:08 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,444,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotito View Post
Hi everyone.

I have the following list of American schools. I would like that you sort the list taking account party school, girls, close to medium-big cities (with several clubs or discos), safety... I know there are some other better schools, but I just want to sort these schools. I don't need you sort the whole list, just those schools that you think are ok.

The list is the following one:

- Eastern New Mexico University
- Florida State University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Michigan Technological University
- Montana State University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New Mexico State University
- North Carolina State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Texas State University - San Marcos
- Troy University
- University of Arizona
- University of New Mexico
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Wisconsin System
- University of Wisconsin-Madison

I add some Canadian schools:
- Brock University
- Langara College
- Mount Royal University
- Selkirk College
- University of Manitoba
- University of Regina

Thanks.
The only three schools on your list that cracked Playboy's Top Ten Party Schools of 2009 were:

1. University of Miami
2. University of Texas at Austin
3. San Diego State University
4. University of Florida
5. University of Arizona-Tucson
6. University of Wisconsin–Madison
7. University of Georgia
8. Louisiana State University
9. University of Iowa
10. West Virginia University

Old 01-09-2010, 07:31 PM

264 posts, read 823,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotito View Post
Hi everyone.

I have the following list of American schools. I would like that you sort the list taking account party school, girls, close to medium-big cities (with several clubs or discos), safety... I know there are some other better schools, but I just want to sort these schools. I don't need you sort the whole list, just those schools that you think are ok.

The list is the following one:

- Eastern New Mexico University
- Florida State University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Michigan Technological University
- Montana State University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New Mexico State University
- North Carolina State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Texas State University - San Marcos
- Troy University
- University of Arizona
- University of New Mexico
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Wisconsin System
- University of Wisconsin-Madison

I add some Canadian schools:
- Brock University
- Langara College
- Mount Royal University
- Selkirk College
- University of Manitoba
- University of Regina

Thanks.

If I were you I would think about the best education because girls and parties are going to be at every major school and if you think people will call you lame for that look at it this way, the lame uncool kids in school usually end up being your boss, in Georgia people say if you want an education go to Tech(GA Tech) if you want to party go to Georgia, I support Georgia when it comes to sports but you hardly hear about it doing anything major where as GA Tech has a nanotechnology program and they work with NASA and the CDC, so going to a party school may not help you if you look at your long term future.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:59 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,981,499 times
Ok, every one says "trust me" or "thinks" they know.

There are two on that list that are hardcore.

- New Mexico State (LC has nothing to it, so everyone party's, thats all there is to do)
- Arizona State

Old 01-09-2010, 10:21 PM

902 posts, read 2,440,097 times
Out of your list I would say Arizona followed by Madison Wisconsin. If your looking to do some hard core partying than go to Chico State.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 PM

3,970 posts, read 11,825,661 times
Washington State University in Pullman has a "party" reputation and should be included. Mostly, because it attracts many students from the the Seattle/Tacoma region who find they have nothing to do in Pullman. Sorry, but it's the fact.

Last edited by pw72; 01-09-2010 at 11:14 PM..

Old 01-09-2010, 11:41 PM

1,005 posts, read 2,449,054 times
On your list Florida State University is a major party school. University of Wisconsin is also big in partying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.