U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-08-2010, 01:49 PM
 
16 posts, read 44,411 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

I have the following list of American schools. I would like that you sort the list taking account party school, girls, close to medium-big cities (with several clubs or discos), safety... I know there are some other better schools, but I just want to sort these schools. I don't need you sort the whole list, just those schools that you think are ok.

The list is the following one:

- Eastern New Mexico University
- Florida State University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Michigan Technological University
- Montana State University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New Mexico State University
- North Carolina State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Texas State University - San Marcos
- Troy University
- University of Arizona
- University of New Mexico
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Wisconsin System
- University of Wisconsin-Madison


I add some Canadian schools:
- Brock University
- Langara College
- Mount Royal University
- Selkirk College
- University of Manitoba
- University of Regina

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-08-2010, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Albany (school) NYC (home)
893 posts, read 2,517,706 times
Reputation: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotito View Post
Hi everyone.

I have the following list of American schools. I would like that you sort the list taking account party school, girls, close to medium-big cities (with several clubs or discos), safety... I know there are some other better schools, but I just want to sort these schools. I don't need you sort the whole list, just those schools that you think are ok.

The list is the following one:

- Eastern New Mexico University
- Florida State University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Michigan Technological University
- Montana State University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New Mexico State University
- North Carolina State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Texas State University - San Marcos
- Troy University
- University of Arizona
- University of New Mexico
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Wisconsin System
- University of Wisconsin-Madison


I add some Canadian schools:
- Brock University
- Langara College
- Mount Royal University
- Selkirk College
- University of Manitoba
- University of Regina

Thanks.
The party schools are in bold. Want a real party school? Go to ASU, UM (Florida), UF, U Texas- Austin, SUNY Albany, Rutgers, UGA, Ole Miss,

I'm sure I'm missing some. But some of those schools you posted are pure duds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 03:45 PM
 
56,511 posts, read 80,803,243 times
Reputation: 12480
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
The party schools are in bold. Want a real party school? Go to ASU, UM (Florida), UF, U Texas- Austin, SUNY Albany, Rutgers, UGA, Ole Miss,

I'm sure I'm missing some. But some of those schools you posted are pure duds.
SUNY has it's share and the schools are still of pretty high quality. Out of the state colleges, Oswego, Oneonta and Plattsburgh come to mind. Univ. of Buffalo wouldn't be bad, as you can go to the Canadian side and do pretty much anything you want at age 19. Buffalo also keeps their bars/clubs open until 4 am(last call). Same with the Albany area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Albany (school) NYC (home)
893 posts, read 2,517,706 times
Reputation: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
SUNY has it's share and the schools are still of pretty high quality. Out of the state colleges, Oswego, Oneonta and Plattsburgh come to mind. Univ. of Buffalo wouldn't be bad, as you can go to the Canadian side and do pretty much anything you want at age 19. Buffalo also keeps their bars/clubs open until 4 am(last call). Same with the Albany area.
I go to SUNY Albany. Trust me I know. We are rated the number 1 party school in NY for a reason. It's absolutely wild here. But we know when its time to hit the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 30,664,378 times
Reputation: 7280
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotito View Post
Hi everyone.

I have the following list of American schools. I would like that you sort the list taking account party school, girls, close to medium-big cities (with several clubs or discos), safety... I know there are some other better schools, but I just want to sort these schools. I don't need you sort the whole list, just those schools that you think are ok.

The list is the following one:

- Eastern New Mexico University
- Florida State University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Michigan Technological University
- Montana State University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New Mexico State University
- North Carolina State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Texas State University - San Marcos
- Troy University
- University of Arizona
- University of New Mexico
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Wisconsin System
- University of Wisconsin-Madison


Thanks.
Those are the ones I've heard about being big party schools, but most universities are party schools. I'd also add:

University of Texas - Austin
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
Louisiana State University
University of Georgia
University of Mississippi
Arizona State University
University of Florida

The biggest party schools are usually located in Small to medium size towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,981 posts, read 102,527,356 times
Reputation: 33045
The Princeton Review has a list every year. You can google it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,230,919 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
SUNY has it's share and the schools are still of pretty high quality. Out of the state colleges, Oswego, Oneonta and Plattsburgh come to mind. Univ. of Buffalo wouldn't be bad, as you can go to the Canadian side and do pretty much anything you want at age 19. Buffalo also keeps their bars/clubs open until 4 am(last call). Same with the Albany area.

Yeah, a few of the SUNYs are definitely party schools. A lot of people on here assume that the party schools are down south because of the weather...not true. I went to college in Maine too, and all they ever wanted to do was get drunk in the woods despite the temps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
 
Location: Long Island/NYC
11,334 posts, read 17,085,642 times
Reputation: 6071
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
SUNY has it's share and the schools are still of pretty high quality. Out of the state colleges, Oswego, Oneonta and Plattsburgh come to mind. Univ. of Buffalo wouldn't be bad, as you can go to the Canadian side and do pretty much anything you want at age 19. Buffalo also keeps their bars/clubs open until 4 am(last call). Same with the Albany area.
Really? And to think I applied to those 2 as well as Albany lol.

I'm not a huge party person, clubs are kinda boring too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Alaska & Florida
1,629 posts, read 4,856,568 times
Reputation: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotito View Post
Hi everyone.

I have the following list of American schools. I would like that you sort the list taking account party school, girls, close to medium-big cities (with several clubs or discos), safety... I know there are some other better schools, but I just want to sort these schools. I don't need you sort the whole list, just those schools that you think are ok.

The list is the following one:

- Eastern New Mexico University
- Florida State University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Michigan Technological University
- Montana State University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New Mexico State University
- North Carolina State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Texas State University - San Marcos
- Troy University
- University of Arizona
- University of New Mexico
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Wisconsin System
- University of Wisconsin-Madison


I add some Canadian schools:
- Brock University
- Langara College
- Mount Royal University
- Selkirk College
- University of Manitoba
- University of Regina

Thanks.
FSU, trust me! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2010, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,230,919 times
Reputation: 1819
Seeing Florida State University reminds me of the Mad tv skit where Lorraine goes to visit for her son. "The big FU" lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top