U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,129 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I'm from Perth, Australia and I spoke a few years ago about moving to the US. It wasn't the best time though but now I'm finically in a lot better position so making the move would be easier.

I've spoken to my Mum about it again and she would really like to make the move as well since it really is just her and I these days.

I'm a journalist and I would continue to be employed by my Australian company so I wouldn't need to work over there. My Mum on the other hand would need to find a job.

What I'm trying to find out at the moment though is how can I legally become a resident.

It seems the only way is via the Green Card Lottery if you don't have any family.

I haven't decided where about I would want to live, there's so many options but it would be somewhere that was cooler then Perth in the summer months.

I've had a few friends move OS in the last few years but they've head to countries in Asia which really don't interest me.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 AM

16 posts, read 61,872 times
I know a few people from Australia (one from Perth, or near it) that like it in Portland, Oregon. It gets a lot of rain, but if you like rain, it might be a good fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.