U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-17-2010, 07:29 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,757,067 times
Reputation: 46033

Advertisements

Oh, and places where there are lots of ferret lovers. That's really important to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,139,273 times
Reputation: 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I want to find a city that has the following:

1) Women who are attractive, but aren't really all about themselves.
2) A place where people are really friendly.
3) Where there are things to do, but not too much traffic.
4) Not too big, but not too small.
5) Not too hot, but not too cold either.
6) Where people aren't too liberal or conservative, but politically committed.
7) Where people like to read.
8) Where the radio stations aren't crappy.
9) Where it's scenic. You know, with some trees and maybe some hills.
10) Where people are polite but not hung up on etiquette.
11) Where, if I dress a little differently, people won't give me funny looks all the time.
12) Where people are tolerant of beginning bagpipers.
13) Where people are kind of religious, but not too religious.
14) Where people aren't wishy-washy.


Can anybody find a city like that for me?
New Orleans gets 11 1/2 out of 14
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2010, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Houston
2,026 posts, read 3,677,270 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I want to find a city that has the following:

1) Women who are attractive, but aren't really all about themselves.
2) A place where people are really friendly.
3) Where there are things to do, but not too much traffic.
4) Not too big, but not too small.
5) Not too hot, but not too cold either.
6) Where people aren't too liberal or conservative, but politically committed.
7) Where people like to read.
8) Where the radio stations aren't crappy.
9) Where it's scenic. You know, with some trees and maybe some hills.
10) Where people are polite but not hung up on etiquette.
11) Where, if I dress a little differently, people won't give me funny looks all the time.
12) Where people are tolerant of beginning bagpipers.
13) Where people are kind of religious, but not too religious.
14) Where people aren't wishy-washy.

Can anybody find a city like that for me?
No joke, but you just described Austin. It fits every single category (except for the heat and MAYBE traffic, but the traffic is not bad compared to a lot of big cities). I guess New Orleans might work as well but I'm not as familiar with NOLA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Central coast (Calif.)
53 posts, read 113,230 times
Reputation: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh, and places where there are lots of ferret lovers. That's really important to me.
Your list reminds me of Santa Cruz. I've seen two people walking their ferrets there. You'd have to be at least an intermediate bagpiper to get along though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 01:40 PM
 
Location: NJ Suburb of Philly (856)
155 posts, read 144,761 times
Reputation: 55
Pittsburgh, PA

Pittsburgh Hotels, Attractions & Vacation Packages : Pittsburgh PA CVB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM
 
5,334 posts, read 6,144,730 times
Reputation: 2640
Lot of legs being pulled.

Not too much of this, not too much of that, and no wishy-washiness. And ferrets, don't forget about the ferrets.

A good summarization of many of the "where should I live, I'm seeking perfection cuz it ain't here" posts.

And radio stations don't matter anymore now with Internet radio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2010, 08:41 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,757,067 times
Reputation: 46033
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Lot of legs being pulled.

Not too much of this, not too much of that, and no wishy-washiness. And ferrets, don't forget about the ferrets.

A good summarization of many of the "where should I live, I'm seeking perfection cuz it ain't here" posts.

And radio stations don't matter anymore now with Internet radio.
Thank you. I would have thought that people would have figured it by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top