Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:06 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,871,478 times

Advertisements

If you miss your weather as well, you might want to try the Seatle area, other than that I'd probably advise southern New England. If you go to Northwestern New Jersey/southern New York you can find a mountainous and very green terrain with decent mass transit into New York. Try maybe Hacketstownish.

There's also the Atlantic Highlands in New Jersey, but they're a bit over developed. However, they do have a green rolling landscape, just no moores becuase like I said, it's kinda over developed. Also has good mass transit into NYC.

If you look into Southern New Jersey you can find almost flat land (as in gentle almost unoticble slopes) that is very open and green, with many farms, and is generally closer to the ocean. There are many trees, but they are mostly pine trees. There is poor mass transit anywhere, although a few decent highways into Philly and New York.

From what I hear, Connecticut is also very nice and green and also has good mass transit into New York.

Good luck!!

(P.S. I had an Aunt from South of England, but I forget where she was from, I think maybe Cornwall or somewhere in Devon, NOT Devonshire because Devonshire doesn't exist)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 09:14 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,787,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp1188 View Post
Annapolis, MD. That city is so beautiful and charming. It has stunning scenery, old city charm and history, it's right on the Chesapeake Bay and close to the Atlantic Ocean, and it's convenient to all the airports and cultural offerings of DC and Baltimore as well.
Great suggestion.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM

643 posts, read 1,479,222 times
I love Seattle (born and raised, worked and lived all over Seattle for 25 years) but it's not a "low-crime" area, even per capita. Although it's crime rate is the best it's been in 40 years, it is still above the national average in every crime category. Not a reason to avoid Seattle/King County IMO, but it was mentioned as a defining characteristic (a big positive) -- and that's not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.