Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:29 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,819,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Fall River, MA:
fall river, ma - Google Maps

Middleborough MA:
middleborough ma - Google Maps

Taunton, MA:
taunton ma - Google Maps

Winchester MA:
winchester ma - Google Maps

Nantucket MA:
nantucket ma - Google Maps

Salem MA:
salem ma - Google Maps

Rockport MA (too bad Bearskin Neck... the REAL center isn't on google maps):
rockport ma - Google Maps

Gloucester MA:
gloucester ma - Google Maps

Plymouth MA:
plymouth ma - Google Maps

Northampton MA:
Northampton MA - Google Maps

Lowell, MA:
Lowell Ma - Google Maps

Haverhill, MA:
haverhill ma - Google Maps

Melrose MA:
melrose ma - Google Maps

Some more pics of Southcoast (Fall River/Taunton areas) here: Southcoast Photo Blog

too bad Newburyport and New Bedford don't have good streetview coverage!

I also like the upstate New York ones.
Nice historic architecture. Nantucket, Plymouth, Northampton and Gloucester I thought were really nice. Very similar to Upstate NY communities in set up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 PM

2,171 posts, read 3,316,052 times
Hope you don't mind me adding an aerial pic (from Bing) of part of the neighborhood in Ithaca, NY where I grew up, Collegetown:

Old 02-02-2010, 01:44 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Ithacan View Post
Hope you don't mind me adding an aerial pic (from Bing) of part of the neighborhood in Ithaca, NY where I grew up, Collegetown:
Collegetown is cool. I never thought of Collegetown being an area with residential neighborhoods.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:55 AM

2,171 posts, read 3,316,052 times
Back in the 50s & 60s there were quite a few non-student residents. There were still some single family homes. My family owned a small apartment building (4 units). We lived on the first floor and rented out the upper floors. There was also an elementary school a couple of blocks from our building, and a hospital a couple of blocks beyond that. I think Collegetown is now about 97% students.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:29 AM

2,257 posts, read 8,169,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post

Nantucket MA:
nantucket ma - Google Maps

Rockport MA (too bad Bearskin Neck... the REAL center isn't on google maps):
rockport ma - Google Maps

Plymouth MA:
plymouth ma - Google Maps

Northampton MA:
Northampton MA - Google Maps
I think these are my favorites. As extensively as I've traveled in New England I actually haven't spent much time in these towns, with the exception of Plymouth. I need to explore them some more.

Some assorted downtowns in New Hampshire:

Portsmouth NH:
Portsmouth NH - Google Maps

Sandwich NH:
Center Sandwich, NH - Google Maps

Harrisville NH:
Harrisville NH - Google Maps

Wolfeboro NH:
Wolfeboro NH - Google Maps

Hanover NH:
Hanover NH - Google Maps

Tilton NH:
Tilton NH - Google Maps

Hancock NH:
Hancock NH - Google Maps

Keene NH:
Keene NH - Google Maps

Stark NH:
Stark NH - Google Maps

Bristol NH (my town):
Bristol, NH - Google Maps

Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,928,114 times
A wealthy suburb here on Long Island. I actually think it's one of the top 5 richest zip codes in the country:

garden city, ny - Google Maps

And just a couple miles away, a pretty poor and rundown town:

hempstead, ny - Google Maps

And if you go about 30 more miles east on the island, here's a south shore downtown in a middle-class town:

hempstead, ny - Google Maps

Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
Very cool thread. I find it funny how the idea of what is a small town in people's area differs greatly. Some of the "small towns" in the NYC area are WAY bigger than the largest "cities" in my area.

Here are some of the towns around this area, including the "big" one of Ludington, MI (which is still only about 8000 people). Most of the real small towns Google Streetview doesn't go through, so there is no way to post the very small towns in the area.

The Biggest "city" in the area: Ludington, MI(just finished having lunch at the "Sportsmans Irish Pub a few minutes ago in fact)
Freesoil, MI
Custer, MI
Scottville, MI
Pentwater, MI
Irons, MI
Walhalla, MI
Hart, MI

Old 02-04-2010, 11:44 AM

2,257 posts, read 8,169,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Very cool thread. I find it funny how the idea of what is a small town in people's area differs greatly. Some of the "small towns" in the NYC area are WAY bigger than the largest "cities" in my area.
Definitely. I was originally going to restrict my post to what I consider "small towns," but after seeing the towns that others were sharing I just had to include the big cities of Portsmouth and Keene.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,928,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Well, there aren't really any "small towns" in NYC metro; these are more regular sized towns. But you're right, I feel like the suburbs outside the city are more urban than a lot of cities in the country that I've been to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.