U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:34 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,969,544 times

Advertisements

Now I'm sure no body thinks where they live is perfect.

Anybody have any issues with their town/city that just get under your skin? state them here. This doesn't mean you hate the town you live in either, so don't feel nervous that your pride is shattering away.

I thought this would be a good way to open a few minds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 04:49 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,977,074 times
Snowbirds who complain about the "cold" weather and rain.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 PM

8,115 posts, read 17,337,266 times
Hey BPerone: we've commiserated a few times in the New Jersey forum. Great topic.

Here is what really disturbs me about where I live: poverty. I am from the northeast, which is a very prosperous region. I now live in Southern New Mexico, and the level of just about everything related to lifestyle is completely removed from what I am used to. Now going on 5 years living here, I feel adjusted to most aspects of where I live, and in fact enjoy many of the advantages life has to offer. But seeing how impoverished so many people live around me is something that I have still not gotten used to. At this stage, I don't know if I ever will.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,437,766 times
The crappy roads!! Now that it's winter the roads have gotten even worse with potholes everywhere. I cannot stand all the potholes I hit daily. Considering our climate, we should have the best roads in the country but nope instead we have the worst.

The anti-tax mentality, not that I love taxes but San Diego is ridiculous when it comes to how cheap the city and many citizens are here. The cost of living too, way too high for what kind of jobs and pay this area has.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:10 PM

867 posts, read 1,842,472 times
People who complain about the cold in like December I understand being cold is all relative, but come on (but I guess some ppl are newcomers but don't ppl research this stuff before they move)

and they need to fix the potholes/bumps

Old 02-02-2010, 05:30 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,247,195 times
The crappy roads.

Snowbirds who come here (PHoenix) and clog the roads and cause most of the accidents.

The people are a bit conceited and not really very friendly. They come home from work, open the garage door--and never come out!

No jobs to speak of.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:18 PM

6,522 posts, read 7,474,040 times
Im in Michigan and I cant stand Unions and democrats ( I know they are the same thing). Listening to spoiled lazy babyboomer auto workers whine about how 30 an hour is not enough and whine about how thier benifits are not good enough makes me sick. I wish they could all experience what its like to have a real job, where they are actually expected to work, and have to budget to pay thier bills. Those people are the ones who wrecked my state and that is what irritates me most about Michigan.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:35 PM

305 posts, read 364,235 times
The Vikings getting close to a Superbowl but never actually winning one.

People who appose new light rail.
Downtown is rather dead after work hours.
The Metrodome
Target Center
Sometimes too hot in the summer
The cops can be jerks and they blow past red lights, sometimes not even putting their lights on, let alone actually having to pull someone over.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:48 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,251,135 times
The republicans who run for local elections, get elected, and end up lying about everything they said in their campaign.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 PM

5,859 posts, read 14,058,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Im in Michigan and I cant stand Unions and democrats ( I know they are the same thing). Listening to spoiled lazy babyboomer auto workers whine about how 30 an hour is not enough and whine about how thier benifits are not good enough makes me sick. I wish they could all experience what its like to have a real job, where they are actually expected to work, and have to budget to pay thier bills. Those people are the ones who wrecked my state and that is what irritates me most about Michigan.
How'd you like to work 60 hour weeks on your "real job"? No vacation. No benefits? You can thank the unions that you don't. Just look into your family history there in Michigan, you'll see what your great grandfather had to contend with just to make a living before the unions gained power in the first few decades of the 20th century. Yeah, unions are easy targets these days, but if it wern't for them, there would've been no middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or