U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-21-2007, 10:59 AM
 
Location: yeah
5,716 posts, read 14,580,918 times
Reputation: 2829

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Talk to census then because they are the ones to report that many people from San Jose work in San Francisco because it is the business capital of the Bay Area and San Francisco is still the center of the Bay Area. Talk to them why you going off from the mouth.
How about posting your source? "Business capital" means little when there are other thriving industries like, say, technology doing their thing down south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2007, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,653 posts, read 27,092,504 times
Reputation: 9584
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
How about posting your source? "Business capital" means little when there are other thriving industries like, say, technology doing their thing down south.
Census.gov.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 11:34 AM
 
Location: yeah
5,716 posts, read 14,580,918 times
Reputation: 2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Census.gov.
Nice effort on the link and specific citation, but I'm still not finding anything which says that many people from San Jose work in San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,562,556 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroplex2003 View Post
I"m hoping that Dallas will elevate its status among American cities by becoming a regular on the rotation of Superbowl host cities. We have an opportunity here to showcase Texas since this will be the first time it's held in the state.
Houston hosted the Superbowl in 2004, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 03:32 PM
 
Location: In God
3,073 posts, read 10,772,603 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Houston hosted the Superbowl in 2004, correct?
Yep. And I believe that its next trip to Texas will be in Irving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2007, 09:40 PM
 
609 posts, read 2,723,296 times
Reputation: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Yep. And I believe that its next trip to Texas will be in Irving.
Actually in Arlington. It will be in the Cowboys' new 1 billion dollar stadium.

But there are cities that are part of the regular Superbowl rotation that is different than cities that get it just once, then it never comes back for awhile. For example, Detroit was probably a one time deal in 2006.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2007, 05:02 PM
 
Location: In God
3,073 posts, read 10,772,603 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroplex2003 View Post
But there are cities that are part of the regular Superbowl rotation that is different than cities that get it just once, then it never comes back for awhile. For example, Detroit was probably a one time deal in 2006.
Houston has hosted the Superbowl twice. Arlington will be the third time that it has come to Texas, and the first time for North Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2007, 09:50 AM
 
609 posts, read 2,723,296 times
Reputation: 140
Sorry, my mistake.

But Houston is not on the regular rotation.

That belongs to Miami, New Orleans, LA area which account for half of the superbowls, etc.

There's regular rotation cities and then there's every once in awhile cities. However, they're trying to get away from that. This is evidenced in the fact that Detroit hosted 2 years ago, and Indianapolis and KC were in the running...northern markets for years have complained a/b how the sunbelt cities are always on the superbowl rotation.

So we're seeing a shift, and it may not be so easy anymore to land the superbowl as it once was now that other cities are getting a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2007, 03:29 PM
 
Location: In God
3,073 posts, read 10,772,603 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroplex2003 View Post
Sorry, my mistake.

But Houston is not on the regular rotation.

That belongs to Miami, New Orleans, LA area which account for half of the superbowls, etc.

There's regular rotation cities and then there's every once in awhile cities. However, they're trying to get away from that. This is evidenced in the fact that Detroit hosted 2 years ago, and Indianapolis and KC were in the running...northern markets for years have complained a/b how the sunbelt cities are always on the superbowl rotation.

So we're seeing a shift, and it may not be so easy anymore to land the superbowl as it once was now that other cities are getting a chance.
Well I never implied that Houston was on regular rotation for the Superbowl. By the way, is there a website or something that lists the official cities on regular rotation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2007, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,653 posts, read 27,092,504 times
Reputation: 9584
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Nice effort on the link and specific citation, but I'm still not finding anything which says that many people from San Jose work in San Francisco.
Yeah, my bad on that one. I was in a huge hurry that day and cited just the website instead of the direct site. I just seen the information on another message board similar to this one but have to find it. It said that many people from San Jose commutes to San Francisco daily which is why it's counted in the CSA. But I have to find that thread to post that link. It may take a couple days so bear with me lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top