Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:42 PM

23 posts, read 74,191 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am currently (and have been for the past two months) trying to decide where to relocate. It's come down to Denver, CO and Nashville, TN. I have a job lined up in Nashville with Dell Computers (if I want it) but do I really want to move there? Seems as though Denver would offer me a much better quality of life as far as things to do and see.?.?

Can anyone that has been or lived in these places give me the pros / cons of each and which one you feel would be a good fit for a 27 year old male, looking for a new start. Thank you all in advance. ;-)

Cheers!

Last edited by augustusneroni; 05-13-2008 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 02:44 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,950,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusneroni View Post
Hi,

I am currently (and have been for the past two months) trying to decide where to relocate. It's come down to Denver, CO and Nashville, TN. I have a job lined up in Nashville with Dell Computers (if I want it) but do I really want to move there? Seems as though Denver would offer me a much better quality of life as far as things to do and see.?.?

Can anyone that has been or lived in these places give me the pros / cons of each and which one you feel would be a good fit for a 27 year old male, looking for a new start. Thank you all in advance. ;-)

Cheers!
You need to decide what's important to you and what's not important. Denver is much larger so obviously would have more to offer of certain things. Denver is next to mountains and close to ski resorts. If you live in Nashville and want to go skiing you'll have to fly somewhere else. Or drive a loooong distance.

On the other hand, Nashville has longer summers (and hot), more trees, and because of the entertainment industry has a lot more things like galleries, nightclubs, concerts and independent restaurants than most other cities its size.

The two cities are completely different but are both very desirable, so you need to make a list of things that are important to you then go from there.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:32 PM

23 posts, read 74,191 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks JMT! Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I like new urban towns, outdoor sports, great food, and pro sports.

I have been living in Austin, but looking for a change.

THanks

Old 05-13-2008, 08:49 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,181,569 times
I heard Denver is greatly expanding their public transportation center. That would be a plus.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:04 PM

119 posts, read 834,993 times
Default Nashville Rocks!!

Nashville all the way. It's awesome here.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
I don't know zip about Nashville, but I have lived in the Denver area for 28 years, so I know a lot about it. It's a great place for young people. Very outdoor oriented, with lots of people hiking, camping, skiing, etc. Also sports oriented with the Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, Broncos, Rapids (MLS) and so on. I would suggest visiting the Denver forum.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:22 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,109 times
Might also not look at just the cities themselves, but if you like to explore the regions outside the communities, take a good look at what you can find within a 1-4 hour drive from where you'd most likely live. Looking also long-term, say you found a SO, and then few years later raised family, which would [given in this scenario that you'd stay] you'd prefer? Good luck!

Old 05-16-2008, 09:23 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,027 times
Never have I been to Denver, but I can tell you that Nashville is a very nice place, all in all, and the only place in Tennessee I would voluntarily live (no pun intended.)

Old 05-16-2008, 10:05 PM

564 posts, read 2,045,335 times
You know, people make these questions seem like some major comparison but at the end of the day, there's not that big of a difference between the two cities. It more than likely will come down to what you make of them. Get along with your neighbors, have a good gig, do your due diligence in terms of shopping for a quality neighborhood, and you should be happy enough to where you don't regret a decision either way.

Both have burgeoning economies, good recreational endeavors in the immediate area and reasonable school systems at that you can find areas that are served by quality schools. It's really not that complicated or that challenging. Just do your due dilligence when shopping for a home/condo/apartment/townhouse/etc.

Unless, of course, you really like having local MLB or the NBA, then obviously Denver wins.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:10 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,368,485 times
Denver, all the way. Better city, better sports, better weather, better suburbs, better scenery. The only thing Id choose Nashville over Denver for would be the music scene (if you like blues n country) and closer proximity to other big cities, unlike Denver which is in a wasteland and not remotely close to anything else interesting IMO (city wise).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.