Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:20 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Sorry john, didn't mean to offend you. But the fact that some states [mostly in the South] still prosecute people for smoking marijuana suggests they still believe it is a dangerous drug or they just want to arrest people for ridiculous reasons.
In fact there were record arrests recorded for every year up to (I believe) 2006...for simple possession...and have nearly doubled since 1991.
Opposing Views: New Research Shows Marijuana Arrests have Doubled Since 1991

Some places have in fact passed laws against paraphernalia that make me believe they are headed in the opposite direction.

Places, states and countries do not all move steadily towards 'progress' (as defined by cannabis activists)
and some may feel the need to backlash against CA and pass stricter laws concerning simple possession.

There are many states that can put you in jail for 6 months and fine you 500+ dollars, which would pretty much ruin a normal persons life.

Your apartment and all your possessions would be gone when you got out.
You would be homeless and with 6 long months of jail trauma to deal with.

For what?

It always amazes me when people say it's not a big deal anymore.
For those that have been arrested ...I can assure you it was a damn big deal to go to jail.

The most comprehensive site / study I've found in 5+ years of interest in the topic:
http://www.drugscience.org/States/US/US_home.htm

Last edited by brubaker; 03-28-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 05:24 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I've always wanted to open up my own marijuana store on Rodeo Drive.
You would have better luck opening a cocaine store on Rodeo.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:32 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I've always wanted to open up my own marijuana store on Rodeo Drive.
Honestly, there probably is a marijuana store [i.e. dispensary] already on Rodeo

Old 03-28-2010, 08:53 PM

Hahahahahaha!!! Good one!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:18 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Sorry john, didn't mean to offend you. But the fact that some states [mostly in the South] still prosecute people for smoking marijuana suggests they still believe it is a dangerous drug or they just want to arrest people for ridiculous reasons.
Thanks, no offense taken.

BUT, please don't judge such a HUGE region without first visiting!

And, you may just be a little surprised as to how your region/State is viewed by the rest of the world.

I personally know better, but the reps are still out there (however wrong they may be).

Old 03-29-2010, 01:08 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Apparently the twighlight generation (millenials born after 1988) has not learned what every one else has picked up on. In california we chew up and spit out transplants for breakfast. The baby boomers tried to come out here during the summer of love, and if you are stoner california dreamin' id look into it. *It* didn't work out too well for them. And *it* wont work out too well for you.

You may wind up stoned, but you will wind up home-less.

Just stay where you are, get and keep a job, and smoke the local "mid grades bro".

Last edited by NorCal Dude; 03-29-2010 at 01:52 AM..

Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Apparently the twighlight generation (millenials born after 1988) has not learned what every one else has picked up on. In california we chew up and spit out transplants for breakfast. The baby boomers tried to come out here during the summer of love, and if you are stoner california dreamin' id look into it. *It* didn't work out too well for them. And *it* wont work out too well for you.

You may wind up stoned, but you will wind up home-less.

Just stay where you are, get and keep a job, and smoke the local "mid grades bro".
Preach it brother.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Thanks, no offense taken.

BUT, please don't judge such a HUGE region without first visiting!

And, you may just be a little surprised as to how your region/State is viewed by the rest of the world.

I personally know better, but the reps are still out there (however wrong they may be).
So, he should go to a place first...then he's allowed to comment online about a states laws?
Which you can find, with arrest rates, online for free?

That doesn't seem to make sense to me ...but what do I know?

By the way, Mississippi has some of the most lenient small time possession punishments in the country.
Isn't that the beauty of the internet? ^^ You can find FACTS online for free before you travel.

That to me is the most useful aspect of the web.
Data ...not really the 'social networking' thing...

EDIT:
There are plenty of websites that talk about state by state laws for mj possession.
And have detailed info on their arrest rates going back to 1994 in some cases.
Not sure if I posted this before or someone else did ...

State By State Laws - NORML
Click on a state and then, in the left hand sidebar, under 'State Data' you'll see the arrest rate information.

Have a good one CD!

Last edited by brubaker; 03-29-2010 at 01:51 PM..

Old 03-29-2010, 05:14 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,520 times
Of course I wouldn't go out to Cali with no money or no plan. Why would anybody do that? I do work (self-employed), and I was born in 85'. Why people keepin picturing a clueless immature hippy I don't know. I was just joking when I said I'm leaving ASAP, I couldn't even if I wanted to, I was just saying that one of these days I'ma get some land (and maybe a house out) in mendicino county.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:22 PM

698 posts, read 1,509,732 times
There is a stereotype attached to marijuana users that they are all dumb, poor, uneducated high school dropouts and college kids.

As a medical marijuana patient back in Washington State I saw every kind of person except the a typical stoner.

You would be surprised how many businessmen, computer programmers, store managers, fathers, mothers, and professionals I met in these clinics. Oh and most of the people in these clinics are 30+ years of age. Hell one of the customers/members of the clinic was an ex police officer and the other was a Doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.