U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 PM

8,031 posts, read 16,083,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Of course every city is unique in it's own way, but NO has a special uniqueness, no city can compare to how special and unique it is. Give me one city that has a similar vibe, and don't dare to Charleston or Savannah.
A similar vibe? Of course no city has a similar vibe. No city has a similar vibe to New York, Washington, Seattle, San Fran, LA, etc. No city is alike. I don't see, however, how you can make the claim that New Orleans is the most unique city in the U.S... What's your case? I bet most people here could make the same type of case for many cities in the U.S. I know I could make an excellent one for Boston. I know many people could make one for NYC or Philly. You could also make the argument that Seattle or Portland, OR is more unique. How about Las Vegas? How many cities have the "vibe" that Las Vegas has? I could go on....

Anyway, This thread is about which city has the most varied and unique neighborhoods, not which city has the most uniqe vibe (even then, I don't know if I'd say New Orleans). I think no American city has the variety of distinct or unique neighborhoods that NYC does. After that, I would say San Fran, Boston, Chicago, D.C. And a few others in no particular order.

No one is trying to say New Orleans isn't very unique, but in My experience many cities have a larger number of varied and different neighborhoods than NO.

Last edited by lrfox; 01-11-2009 at 09:14 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,475,723 times
ny,ny, and Miami, has little Havana, little Haiti,little Puerto Rico( all ghetto though) and little Moscow.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:46 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,362,790 times
after moving back to Pittsburgh from two different cities, I feel that this city has many upon many interesting neighborhoods. You go from a east coast style row home neighborhood, cross a street, and all of a sudden you are in a completely different neighborhood with victorian houses and tree lined streets.

The whole city is made up more of neighborhoods that are each their own small town. I lived in another city where it was more like a large city,and the neighborhoods changed slowly along what part of the grid you were in. Pittsburgh is completly opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or