U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
6,749 posts, read 19,952,023 times
Reputation: 2129

Advertisements

of the 18 year old girl who was kidnapped and killed in Kansas. I am so sorry for your loss and I pray that God gives the family the strength to get through all this and that the man who did it gets the justice he deserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2007, 05:48 AM
 
Location: Henderson NV
1,134 posts, read 913,884 times
Reputation: 82
My prayers go out, too, for the loved ones of Kelsey Smith of Kansas, ironically a family with a strong law inforcement background, and once again I get sucked into a story that I was hoping would have a happy ending for once. Now I have the unusually clear Walgreens video dancing in my head, of a girl who just graduated from high school, dropping in quickly to pick up a small gift box. This reject they have arrested who was also on that clear video, should be drawn and quartered. Sorry, Kels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2007, 07:22 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
644 posts, read 3,109,659 times
Reputation: 334
They've arrested a strong suspect -- 26 year old boy who followed her in and out of the store. No motive identified yet.

Artie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2007, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 69,407,118 times
Reputation: 10115
Very sad. My heart and prayers are also with the family and friends of that poor girl. This world is sick and getting sicker by the day, it needs massive prayer, do your part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2007, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
644 posts, read 3,109,659 times
Reputation: 334
It was an act by a very sick person for sure. That poor family.

Artie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2007, 06:19 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
6,749 posts, read 19,952,023 times
Reputation: 2129
Geez , now we have a woman who's boyfriend killed here here and dumped her body in a park. My prayers go out to them as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2007, 03:30 PM
 
30 posts, read 77,274 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
My prayers go out, too, for the loved ones of Kelsey Smith of Kansas, ironically a family with a strong law inforcement background, and once again I get sucked into a story that I was hoping would have a happy ending for once. Now I have the unusually clear Walgreens video dancing in my head, of a girl who just graduated from high school, dropping in quickly to pick up a small gift box. This reject they have arrested who was also on that clear video, should be drawn and quartered. Sorry, Kels.
The video was taken from the Target Store, not Walgreens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
 
1,008 posts, read 3,731,286 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
of the 18 year old girl who was kidnapped and killed in Kansas. I am so sorry for your loss and I pray that God gives the family the strength to get through all this and that the man who did it gets the justice he deserves.
Sadly this is going to take a lot more than "God" and "Prayer" and "justice" whatever that means. I believe we could put an end to all the violence tomorrow but in order to do this we need to completely change everything about our culture and the manner we approach things. A young girl is dead, the boy will probably do life or get the death penalty and there's justice???? I don't see any justice, just sadness that 2 tortured souls have crossed paths to such a devestating climax. But hey, if anything the system will make use of our tax dollars one way or the other. I mourn both souls but more importantly realize that this has become a standard in our society. We need to start investing in people and learn how to communicate without using violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2007, 04:02 PM
 
30 posts, read 77,274 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova7 View Post
Sadly this is going to take a lot more than "God" and "Prayer" and "justice" whatever that means. I believe we could put an end to all the violence tomorrow but in order to do this we need to completely change everything about our culture and the manner we approach things. A young girl is dead, the boy will probably do life or get the death penalty and there's justice???? I don't see any justice, just sadness that 2 tortured souls have crossed paths to such a devestating climax. But hey, if anything the system will make use of our tax dollars one way or the other. I mourn both souls but more importantly realize that this has become a standard in our society. We need to start investing in people and learn how to communicate without using violence.
Are you referring to the Kelsey Smith case?, if so, he is a 26 year old man, father of a 4 year old and married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2007, 04:20 PM
 
1,008 posts, read 3,731,286 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by InJeans View Post
Are you referring to the Kelsey Smith case?, if so, he is a 26 year old man, father of a 4 year old and married.
I'm not concerned with the symantics with regard to age or legal definitions. The point is this man is probably a little boy emotionally and mentally, it's important for us to understand what lead him to do something so tragic. He's probably been long dead inside, much like Kelsey is dead now, and yes, it's sad all across the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top