Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:58 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,924,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
But, think about it for a minute....why would the person who claims:

"Most people on here haven't traveled much. Can't expect much of people on here, lol. This is like the Walmart of message boards about travel."

...turn around and START A THREAD in City vs City ASKING FOR ROADTRIP ADVICE?

You might want to think about who you are agreeing with here.

Um, because I've never been to those 2 cities? I've been to 3/4 of the states in this country. I'm just getting advice about 2 cities I've never been to. Don't be jealous you don't have the time/money to travel.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:59 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Hello? Everything is fried.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:16 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Hello? Everything is fried.
I don't want to stereotype Southerners, but here in Los Angeles I don't know a single person who owns a deep-fryer thingy!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:26 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,354,399 times
Authentic Vietnamese food is just about some of the healthiest food out there.

Thankfully, certain major cities in the South offer some of the freshest & most original versions of this cuisine in the country, much more so than NYC - simply due to nothing more than immigration patterns.

I am fortunate enough to live very near the epicenter of the Viet offerings for my region. In addition to the countless Pho shops here, the depth of the Vietnamese community in Atlanta easily supports (in addition to local foodies) several upscale options for people that wish to sample the hybrid SE Asian/French food and culture of a fascinating people and region.

Asian Vietnamese Restaurant, Midtown, Atlanta, Georgia, GA, 30308

A partial list of other Vietnamese offerings in the metro:

http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/g...hood=&keywords=

Last edited by johnatl; 04-13-2010 at 07:08 PM..

Old 04-13-2010, 07:05 PM

749 posts, read 2,437,721 times
I don't know why some of you Northerners hate on blacks and the elderly.........thought you were all tolerant up there.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:17 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,354,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
I don't know why some of you Northerners hate on blacks and the elderly.........thought you were all tolerant up there.
In my experiences, most are.

There is a VERY hard-core contingent here on C-D that continue to act out, and they are the ones that perpetuate the negative stereotypes of people from the region.

Trust me when I tell you that the large majority of the nice folks up there would be disgusted with many of the things said in this thread.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:52 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
I was responding to someone else who claimed the majority of the people who watched her show was Northerners. Let's try to keep up. So, go ask this person if she has some information to prove her point.
I'm a he, not a she.

But anyways, I never said it was only Northerners that watched her, I said that lots of Northerners in addition to the rest of the country watch her. You are the one who claimed "no Northerners watch her". She doesn't have all of those shows and her own line of cookware because of a Southern audience alone.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:15 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Yeah, well, this is city-data. Most people on here haven't traveled much. Can't expect much of people on here, lol. This is like the Walmart of message boards about travel.
I've been to NYC and ate the food in various locations (Little Italy, Chinatown, Grand Central, etc). The food was good, but I wouldn't say it was any better than it is anywhere else. Most people who think NYC has the best food are probably New Yorkers, maybe y'all just tell each other that and start believing it.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I've been to NYC and ate the food in various locations (Little Italy, Chinatown, Grand Central, etc). The food was good, but I wouldn't say it was any better than it is anywhere else. Most people who think NYC has the best food are probably New Yorkers, maybe y'all just tell each other that and start believing it.

Because you went to the areas where the food isn't the best. The real Little Italy is in Belmont in the Bronx, the real Chinatown is in Flushing, Queens. The food i've had in the areas you mentioned was never anything special. You didn't go to the right areas to get the good stuff. You went where the tourists always go.

And Grand central is a train station...it's not going to be known as having good food; except the Juniors that's in there.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 PM

Ha, now you southerners go on to say how your vietnamese food is so good and this and that. Face it--you're known for fried food, and most of you probably eat way more fried food than you do vietnamese.

Let me tell you, I sure am jealous of the Vietnamese neighborhood in Atlanta. We have no ethnic neighborhoods here in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.