Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 PM

337 posts, read 662,024 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for my ideal place to live in America. It's an almost certainty that the type of place I desire is in the MidWest somewhere.

Here is what all I'm looking for chime in w/ your advice.
1. Place that gets it share of Snow & Warm non humid weather. Yuh know a place w/ all the seasons.
2. Near a Big/Med sized City; Not Chicago or NY big. A place that offers plenty of options.
3. For Goodness sake a place w/ plenty of women. The last few places I lived were way misprportioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 09:02 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,611,616 times
Boulder/Denver

Old 04-11-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrn198 View Post
Boulder/Denver
I hear the nickname is "MENVER" is that a myth or truth?

Old 04-11-2010, 09:15 PM

9,446 posts, read 10,738,988 times
Grand Rapids Michigan sounds like what your describing. The town is a medium sized town, filled with colleges and yes college women. Also it has the climate you have described. Lake Michigan beaches a short drive away as well. Other midwestern towns worth looking at are Madison Wi, Traverse city Mi, Green bay Wi or even Minneapolis if you dont mind a city that big.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:20 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,611,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post

Don't know i'm shure there's plenty of women there though lol

Old 04-11-2010, 09:26 PM

9 posts, read 20,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
According to wikipedia Denver has a pretty even guy to girl ratio, but if you look at some of the cities near Denver the ratio is pretty lopsided...for instance in Breckenridge there are 160 guys for every 100 girls..

Old 04-11-2010, 09:42 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,372,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Grand Rapids Michigan sounds like what your describing. The town is a medium sized town, filled with colleges and yes college women. Also it has the climate you have described. Lake Michigan beaches a short drive away as well. Other midwestern towns worth looking at are Madison Wi, Traverse city Mi, Green bay Wi or even Minneapolis if you dont mind a city that big.
Nice to see someone suggesting Michigan. I'll throw in Kalamazoo and Ann Arbor as Michigan towns to look into. Also, if you don't mind a bigger city, Minneapolis and St. Paul (why do people always forget St. Paul?) would be right up your alley.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Yeah MN has been on my radar now for some time. I plan on taking some time and travel the areas I'm thinking of. I thought about UT but was told their very religous in that area, and dont want that mess.

How much snow does IOWA get? or Idaho?

Old 04-11-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
Nice to see someone suggesting Michigan. I'll throw in Kalamazoo and Ann Arbor as Michigan towns to look into. Also, if you don't mind a bigger city, Minneapolis and St. Paul (why do people always forget St. Paul?) would be right up your alley.
Yeah Mich would be to east I'd be looking from the Illinois pt West. Have been hearing a lot of good about MN as they've fared well in the recession plenty of work and a big enough city that there'd be plenty to do. Plus they get their snow.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,297 times
Okay I have never posted anything before so here it goes: Please advise

Looking to relocate to a warm climate all year round NO snow, well maybe a touch and not much rain either
Ethenicly diversed
Ocean near by
Low crime and Happy people
Diversed Night clubs for the grown and sexy (40 and up)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.