Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 AM

2,462 posts, read 8,920,232 times

Advertisements

I have many heterosexual friends, and many want and have kids, and have chosen to live in a "family-friendly" suburban area. Others have no kids and chose to live in an urban loft or a "transitional area".

Exactly. The fact that most don't have children explains most of the differences in housing choices between homosexual and heterosexual househunters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 05:18 AM

19 posts, read 50,802 times
Pittsburgh is not what I would lable Gay-Friendly. More like Gay-Whatever. Excluding Shadyside, which is so gay. Pittsburgh is like blue-collar-hunky-boy-"the beer town with a football problem" place. And the suburbs are full of SUVs and families striving to get into "the Club". Pick a real city(we left for Charlotte after 20 years in da'burg) and it's really smokin' down here. Awesome city. Alive.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:25 AM

19 posts, read 50,802 times
Gay in Sewickley??? Where are you from? Sewickley is like old money or new yuppie money. Where would the gays socialize-"The Club"?? It's like everyone would know "the Gay man". Please. They're looking for help here.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:05 AM

45 posts, read 206,808 times
Default Sayville

I grew up in Sayville and for as long as I can remember the town has always supported gays. The ferries to Fire Island (Cherry Grove, The pines and Sailors Haven) are located in Sayville. The Bunk House is a gay bar located at the end of town. On June 9th there was an "Out in Sayville" Festival. Many store owners hang rainbow flags. The town in very quaint. I was very lucky that I grew up in such a great community. Sayville in the summer reminds me of Key West, without all of the tourists. The real estate market in Sayville is good. I can not say enough great things about this town. PM me if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 PM

3 posts, read 7,631 times
Default comfortable and safe

both - on Long Island. There are lots of nice communities here. Post more about your needs and I'll let you know.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:22 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,067,760 times
Quote:
Sewickley is like old money or new yuppie money
apparently gays can't be either... ?? Or better yet... apparently people like that can't accept gays??

lol

I don't think I understand

Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 AM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,341 times
Being a straight conservative white male...I base this purely on what my personal opinion is. Not too many will care in Albuquerque as adults...but pick your schools carefully. I know when I went to La Cueva High their was a Gay-Straight Aliance. I wasn't in it so I don't know much about it. I agree that Santa Fe would be better because they have a larger gay community, but I wouldn't personally ever want to live in Santa Fe over Albuquerque. I agree with one of the earlier posters that you should come here and just see if you like the vibe. Good Luck, hope you find that you love Albuquerque!!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:26 AM

47 posts, read 237,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
Being a straight conservative white male...I base this purely on what my personal opinion is. Not too many will care in Albuquerque as adults...but pick your schools carefully. I know when I went to La Cueva High their was a Gay-Straight Aliance. I wasn't in it so I don't know much about it. I agree that Santa Fe would be better because they have a larger gay community, but I wouldn't personally ever want to live in Santa Fe over Albuquerque. I agree with one of the earlier posters that you should come here and just see if you like the vibe. Good Luck, hope you find that you love Albuquerque!!!!
I went to La Cueva and all the gay kids i knew had it great with all the hot girls... Sure the jocks might pick on them, but all the girls loved them.

And he's not necessarily saying their child is gay. I knew lesbian couples that would go to teacher/parent night and there was no issue.

*Note* La Cueva kinda sucks with that stuff, if you move here... don't go there.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,826 times
Default Is New Hampshire safe for Gays?

I live in Florida, just back from visit to New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, and Mass. I'm an older Gay white male traveling with younger Asian Gay male. Most motels didn't give us a hard time, even though they probably figured out that we were Gay. One thing did happen, in southwestern New Hampshire near the Vermont line. We were driving from Stowe, VT to Mount Washington, NH. My friend was driving, made a turn, cop pulled us over, said he crossed double yellow line when turning. Doubtful it was true. It was a rental car with New York plates, tourist brochures and maps all over the place. The officer was polite but asked us if we had "anything" in the car. I knew what he meant from watching Cops and Bad Boys but acted dumb. Drugs or weapons, he said, did we have any? Then he asked us how we knew each other. My friend didn't think anything about it but I felt most unwelcome there. He ended up letting us go without searching the car or running our licenses on the computer or radio.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:51 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,728 times
Hanover, Lebanon area is very gay friendly (Dartmouth area) I'd say the same about New London/Sunapee area. I don't know enough about other areas of the state to say for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.