U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:30 PM

23 posts, read 81,935 times

Advertisements

Des Moines is very safe. There's actually a couple of gay bars. And Ames actually hosts the midwest LGTBA conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 04:55 PM

68 posts, read 234,274 times
Welcome to Alaska, pilgram

The grizzlies need to be fed

(Old bumper sticker)

Old 08-10-2007, 10:31 PM

3,504 posts, read 7,948,258 times
Gay enclaves: Plainfield (beautiful redone Victorian homes)
New Brunswick (revitalized city with Rutgers college)
or if you just want to jump over the border into New Hope, PA - artsy, pretty town with great schools

Old 08-11-2007, 11:40 AM

404 posts, read 545,584 times
Oak Park, IL is Gay Friendly Government wise. Forest Park has a Gay Bar, I forget the name, but it's at Randolph and Harlem.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:13 PM

30,223 posts, read 67,365,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfranmike View Post
I was wondering if it is safe for gay people to live in OKC, Norman, or Edmond. I currently live in Wichita ks, but from San Francisco.I have visited only twice, but have received a job offer there.
Quote:
How is Birmingham for gay people? Would we be treated badly?
Quote:
I was wondering how safe Little Rock is for gay people? Possibly relocating there , but have only visited twice for business so didnt get to go out and check things out.
Quote:
Been considering a move, strong possibility for Long Island, have friends in Sag Harbor but they dont really know much about the gay community if there is one.I have visited NYC alot and love it but would prefer to live outside the city.Is it comfortable and safe for gay people as it is in the city?
Quote:
Is Jacksonville a tolerable and safe area for a conservative, but out gay couple with a 17 year old son ?
Quote:
Considering moving to Indianapolis, how is it for gay people there?
Quote:
Is New Hampshire a safe and tolerable state for a gay couple with a 17 year old son??
Quote:
Is Des Moines safe for an openly gay, but conservative couple with 17 year old son??
Quote:
Conservative but openly gay couple with 17 year old son looking to relocate.Cosidering several differant places, wanting info on how accepting and tolerable Vermont is ?
Quote:
Openly gay couple researching for a good place to relocate that is friendly and tolerant.We are conservative but openly gay, have a 17 yr old son.How would Tucson be for us ?
Quote:
Gay couple with 17 yr old son looking to relocate near LA, prefer Riverside area, how is it for gay people there? Whats cost of living like?
Quote:
Wheres a good place in NJ that is tolerable and safe for gay couple with 17 yr old son? Prefer to be NEAR but not in larger city.
Quote:
gay couple with son looking to relocate, how is the tolerance and safety in Albq. Nm??
Quote:
Gay couple with son researching places to relocate, we are conservative but openly gay.Where in WV if any, would be an accaepting and tolerable community?
Quote:
Despite the show "***** as Folk" taking place in Pittsburgh, I have heard mixed feelings on how accepting it is towards the gay community.My partner and I are looking at differant options for places to relocate, we are concervative but openly gay and have a son.How would Pitts be for us??
Quote:
would omaha be a safe and tolerable place for a gay couple with a kid?
Quote:
We are looking at places to relocate. We are a openly gay but conservative couple with a son, wanting info about how accepting Anchorage is.
Holy Canoli! You're quite a fortunate person to be able to explore a new life seemingly anywhere in the United States. As a fellow gay person, I hope being forced to inquire about "tolerance" becomes more and more of a "non-issue" once the right-wingers in this nation become quelled by the liberal uprising. Honestly, why is it anyone else's business if your next-door neighbor happens to be in love with a member of the same sex? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

P.S. Why every city in America except for my beloved Scranton, PA? Why does everyone think we have "cooties?" When you and your partner move in next-door to me, our metropolitan population will become 599,997 straight and three gay! LOL!

Old 08-12-2007, 05:17 PM

13,819 posts, read 25,181,661 times
I lived in Scranton for 3 years...I wouldn't recommend living there for gays....or straights!

Old 08-12-2007, 05:32 PM

30,223 posts, read 67,365,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I lived in Scranton for 3 years...I wouldn't recommend living there for gays....or straights!
Sssshhhh...don't tell him that! I need a larger dating pool to move here (Sniffle, sniffle!) I'm tiring of having to commute to NY/NJ for relationships.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:07 PM

13,819 posts, read 25,181,661 times
LOL...sorry about that.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:07 PM

852 posts, read 1,197,618 times
Default Omaha Gay Website

Here's an interesting website about the gay scene in Omaha. It includes restaraunt reviews, entertainment, clubs, etc.

members.cox.net/omahagay/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or