U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:25 PM

582 posts, read 777,374 times

Advertisements

I've never been to the southwest (unless San Antonio counts). It's a region that I am interested in visiting though I know little about it's cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 10:38 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 4,231,628 times
Mainly in the U.S.: Detroit, Boston, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Seattle, Los Angeles, Philadelphia.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:27 AM

3,287 posts, read 5,437,139 times
Very High Curiostiy:
*Philadelphia, funny thing is I'm not far from it yet I've never really visited before, I've stopped to get a Philly cheesesteak and kept going to NYC or Allentown.
*Chicago: another city I've seen from a distance but never visited, sometime I have this weird fascination for the city and others I don't care for it. Nevertheless it's still one of my favorite cities on the globe and I'd love to truly take a visit. It's city I'd consider moving to.
*Greenville, SC-I've visited on several occasions but I've found great fascination in its downtown area mostly because of the revitalization that has occured and it still amazes how it's evolving into a great city.
High Curosity:
*Vancouver, BC: a very interesting place, I admire it's planning and when I finally visit I'll make my decision rather to stay American citizen or become a Canadian someday.
*Minneapolis: I don't why but it looks very futuristic to me, which is very appealing. From what I've heard, it's very clean and has a open-mind population that I desire. I guess I'll see for myself next month.
*Asheville, NC specifically the Biltmore mansion. NC is a pretty huge state and I've never really had the chance to visit anything west of Charlotte. I've heard nothing but positive things about the city; from its art community to its liberalism, it all sounds desirable to me.
*Medium Curiosity:
*Bethasda, MD, I've visited and walked on one street in the city to get the most amazing cupcakes ever (Georgetown Cupcakes) but other than that I don't know much about it. So someday I may take the metro there and see what all the hype is about.
*Arlington, VA, pretty much the samething as Bethasda. I've driven through it to get to DC, and I love how urban it feels to drive I-66, especially at night. All you see is towers all over the place.
*Detroit, it may have a terrible reputation but the downtown area seems like its doing well. I want to see why so many great musicians came out of the city.
*New Orleans, specifically the French Quarter. I think that's pretty self explanatory.
Low Curosity:
Charleston, SC
Knoxville, TN
*St. Louis & Pittsburgh: I just want to see why they both are compared to Baltimore so often.
Aspen, CO

I know I put Vancouver Canada on my list but I'd like to list other international places I have the desire to visit:
Singapore
Panama City
Rio
Cario
Tokyo (luckily I'm going next year for a school trip)
*Dubai-I've had a long fascination for this city, and it will always have a special place in my heart.
Athens
Rome
*Milan-I want to attend a fashion show there someday
*All of Germany, I love German woman.
*Moscow, St. Petersburg and if possible Chernobyl. I love Russian woman, I've dated one but that didn't end to well.
*Pyongyang, I know my chances of visiting are slim to none but I just want know how it feels to live during the Cold War Era which still occurs in their nation.
*Sydney & Melbourne so I can finally decide for myself which is the better city
Venice
*All of Norway-it seems like the perfect nation and as many conservatives say, it's a "liberals wet dream"
*Barcelona-specifically to party
*Cannes-specifically to visit the film festival
*Paris-obvious. I've visited London before but for those who have visited both, are you able to take the Eurostar to Paris as a US citizen?

Old 08-05-2012, 06:57 AM

6,620 posts, read 11,680,399 times
In no particular order:

NYC
NYC
NYC
NYC
NYC

Gosh, I just wanna go back to my uncle's place in Brooklyn for a bit and escape this Atlanta humidity.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:01 AM

1,707 posts, read 2,051,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Very High Curiostiy:
*Philadelphia, funny thing is I'm not far from it yet I've never really visited before, I've stopped to get a Philly cheesesteak and kept going to NYC or Allentown.
*Chicago: another city I've seen from a distance but never visited, sometime I have this weird fascination for the city and others I don't care for it. Nevertheless it's still one of my favorite cities on the globe and I'd love to truly take a visit. It's city I'd consider moving to.
*Greenville, SC-I've visited on several occasions but I've found great fascination in its downtown area mostly because of the revitalization that has occured and it still amazes how it's evolving into a great city.
High Curosity:
*Vancouver, BC: a very interesting place, I admire it's planning and when I finally visit I'll make my decision rather to stay American citizen or become a Canadian someday.
*Minneapolis: I don't why but it looks very futuristic to me, which is very appealing. From what I've heard, it's very clean and has a open-mind population that I desire. I guess I'll see for myself next month.
*Asheville, NC specifically the Biltmore mansion. NC is a pretty huge state and I've never really had the chance to visit anything west of Charlotte. I've heard nothing but positive things about the city; from its art community to its liberalism, it all sounds desirable to me.
*Medium Curiosity:
*Bethasda, MD, I've visited and walked on one street in the city to get the most amazing cupcakes ever (Georgetown Cupcakes) but other than that I don't know much about it. So someday I may take the metro there and see what all the hype is about.
*Arlington, VA, pretty much the samething as Bethasda. I've driven through it to get to DC, and I love how urban it feels to drive I-66, especially at night. All you see is towers all over the place.
*Detroit, it may have a terrible reputation but the downtown area seems like its doing well. I want to see why so many great musicians came out of the city.
*New Orleans, specifically the French Quarter. I think that's pretty self explanatory.
Low Curosity:
Charleston, SC
Knoxville, TN
*St. Louis & Pittsburgh: I just want to see why they both are compared to Baltimore so often.
Aspen, CO

I know I put Vancouver Canada on my list but I'd like to list other international places I have the desire to visit:
Singapore
Panama City
Rio
Cario
Tokyo (luckily I'm going next year for a school trip)
*Dubai-I've had a long fascination for this city, and it will always have a special place in my heart.
Athens
Rome
*Milan-I want to attend a fashion show there someday
*All of Germany, I love German woman.
*Moscow, St. Petersburg and if possible Chernobyl. I love Russian woman, I've dated one but that didn't end to well.
*Pyongyang, I know my chances of visiting are slim to none but I just want know how it feels to live during the Cold War Era which still occurs in their nation.
*Sydney & Melbourne so I can finally decide for myself which is the better city
Venice
*All of Norway-it seems like the perfect nation and as many conservatives say, it's a "liberals wet dream"
*Barcelona-specifically to party
*Cannes-specifically to visit the film festival
*Paris-obvious. I've visited London before but for those who have visited both, are you able to take the Eurostar to Paris as a US citizen?
Of course, just make sure you have your passport as you have to go through customs.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:14 AM

11,334 posts, read 17,109,537 times
Los Angeles (well...SoCal) & Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
In no particular order:

NYC
NYC
NYC
NYC
NYC

Gosh, I just wanna go back to my uncle's place in Brooklyn for a bit and escape this Atlanta humidity.
I doubt you'd be escaping anything, it's super humid here too, the dew point is nearly 80.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 PM

6,620 posts, read 11,680,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I doubt you'd be escaping anything, it's super humid here too, the dew point is nearly 80.
I left NY like a couple weeks ago and moved to ATL. Guess I've already forgotten what it's like in the summer lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or