U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2007, 01:05 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,640 posts, read 30,253,245 times
Reputation: 30179

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
^^ do you dislike it because of the weather or is there something else that makes you dislike the city in general?
The weather is reason #1, reason #2 the scenery. I think North Carolina and Eastern Tenn are MUCH more beautiful than Houston. I love the mountains and waterfalls, blue sky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2007, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,703 posts, read 2,607,139 times
Reputation: 206
So you hate Houston because it doesn't have mountains? The weather can get bad, but only for a few months (basically three-four at the most).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2007, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Katy-zuela
4,852 posts, read 8,995,231 times
Reputation: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
It doesn't feel like it though with their rail system. Chicago has many walkable areas, and good public transportation, You can go from the airport to pretty much anywhere using rail. When I go chicago, I always use rail to explore. So much fun.
Which system are you referring to, the CTA or Metra?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2007, 01:20 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,640 posts, read 30,253,245 times
Reputation: 30179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
So you hate Houston because it doesn't have mountains? The weather can get bad, but only for a few months (basically three-four at the most).
No I hate Houston because of the weather, reason #1 (did you not read my post) and I do prefer mountains over the flat land. I disagree the weather is bad only a few months. It's way too hot from March till November and even Christmas day sometimes we need AC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2007, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,703 posts, read 2,607,139 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No I hate Houston because of the weather, reason #1 (did you not read my post) and I do prefer mountains over the flat land. I disagree the weather is bad only a few months. It's way too hot from March till November and even Christmas day sometimes we need AC.
Well duh! I did read your post. How else could I have made the post I made. I love Houston's trees and small hills in the northern suburbs (Woodlands on up). If you need AC on Christmas, then your house must be on fire. We generally didn't need AC from November-February. Some days in March going on into April, we don't need it on because it feels right in the house. People love to exaggerate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2007, 03:11 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,640 posts, read 30,253,245 times
Reputation: 30179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Well duh! I did read your post. How else could I have made the post I made. I love Houston's trees and small hills in the northern suburbs (Woodlands on up). If you need AC on Christmas, then your house must be on fire. We generally didn't need AC from November-February. Some days in March going on into April, we don't need it on because it feels right in the house. People love to exaggerate.
Yes I would say you exaggerate when you say the weather is bad only 3-4months. I said SOME times at Christmas we need AC, there are times on Christmas the temperature is in the 80's, not always, but it has happened. And you must not have understand my post because I did not say I hate Houston because there are no mountains, I said I hate it because of the weather, no mountains is just reason #2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2007, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,703 posts, read 2,607,139 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I would say you exaggerate when you say the weather is bad only 3-4months. I said SOME times at Christmas we need AC, there are times on Christmas the temperature is in the 80's, not always, but it has happened. And you must not have understand my post because I did not say I hate Houston because there are no mountains, I said I hate it because of the weather, no mountains is just reason #2.
When? All my time in Houston, I have never experienced a hot Christmas. And it IS only bad for about 3-4 months. Like NOW. It starts getting better around October.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2007, 04:42 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,640 posts, read 30,253,245 times
Reputation: 30179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
When? All my time in Houston, I have never experienced a hot Christmas. And it IS only bad for about 3-4 months. Like NOW. It starts getting better around October.
Well I guess what is hot to me is not hot to you. I wish you were right about October but usually it's still in the high 80's or low 90's in Oct and that is too hot for me. It has been a while since we've had a hot Christmas here, but I do remember them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2007, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,878,813 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I would say you exaggerate when you say the weather is bad only 3-4months. I said SOME times at Christmas we need AC, there are times on Christmas the temperature is in the 80's, not always, but it has happened. And you must not have understand my post because I did not say I hate Houston because there are no mountains, I said I hate it because of the weather, no mountains is just reason #2.
Why did you go to Houston if you don't like the hot weather? Did you really think it was not going to be hot? Also, if you love North Carolina, you should be aware that it is just as hot in the summer there as Houston and has a number of ice storms in the winter, enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,640 posts, read 30,253,245 times
Reputation: 30179
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Why did you go to Houston if you don't like the hot weather? Did you really think it was not going to be hot? Also, if you love North Carolina, you should be aware that it is just as hot in the summer there as Houston and has a number of ice storms in the winter, enjoy!
When I moved to Houston I was only 21, single, first time on my own. I had never even been out of Texas. At that time I didn't know any better. I come from a small east Texas town. But my husband and I went to North Carolina in 2000 and that is when we both feel in love it. It does get hot in N.C. but the in the mountains the humidity is MUCH lower and that is what makes the heat unbearable here is the humidity. As far as the ice storms, I don't care I love cold weather. But we're most likely going to move to East Tenn because of the state income tax in N.C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top