U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2007, 07:23 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,290,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Agreed. Amarillo also doesn't have a real taste for people who are different (a.k.a. like wear facial piercings, etc.)...I know punks are not well-liked anywhere, but I saw a documentary on "City Confidential" in which a punk was murdered by a bunch of jocks, particularly when one of them ran over him multiple times with his Cadillac, in Amarillo and the evidence couldn't have been more solid for a conviction...and guess what? While they were found guilty, they were all sentenced to PROBATION. Talk about injustice. I sure wouldn't miss a town like that. Would also have to go with Wichita Falls and Lubbock as well.
Never been to either of those. Terre Haute Indiana.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:25 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,914,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD353 View Post
I like OKC, like it for a visit anyway. Wichita and Topeka would be good canidates as wll
I guess you're right hehehe it's ok. At least it had the disastrous F5 tornado and the 1995 disaster....joking joking...anyways...fine i'll add okc back. but everything else of my choice stays

Old 06-13-2007, 07:25 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,294,899 times
Quote:
Oh please, Las Vegas has one of the ugliest skylines I have ever seen. Sure, it is an entertaining city to visit, but who would seriously want to live in the dump in the desert? Same thing goes for Phoenix. Still, I would nominate Houston as one city that we could all live without. I would also nominate SLC as another city that most wouldn't miss.
I love Vegas, I wouldn't mind living there at all. Beautiful area with some great golf courses. And I think we need Houston...it is fairly important.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD353 View Post
Never been to either of those. Terre Haute Indiana.
Terre Haute, Indiana can go. it's simply just a very small city between St. Louis and Indianapolis. Would add Effingham, Illinois in as well. Anything between St. Louis and Indy heading eastbound/westbound on I-70 wouldn't be missed. Maybe I'd keep Brazil, Indiana since Orville Redenbacher was born there, making it historic
Mount Vernon, Illinois can go too Evansville, Indiana is fine with me as well. I-64 between St. Louis and Louisville and I-70 between St. Louis and Indianapolis, I-74 between Indy and Cincinnati, I-65 between Indy and Chicago and Indy and Louisville, can be blown to kingdom come. all the cities between these major cities on the aforementioned interstates don't have anything special about them. We're talking much of Indy and Illinois...nothing to blow up there between all these cities on these interstates except cornfields and tiny towns nobody mentions Would make for a good dinner to roast those cornfields anyway LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:32 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,231,927 times
Mojave CA

Old 06-13-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I love Vegas, I wouldn't mind living there at all. Beautiful area with some great golf courses. And I think we need Houston...it is fairly important.
My problem with Vegas is that its skyline is very unoriginal. It takes pieces of other cities and combines them together instead of doing its own thing.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM

653 posts, read 3,134,435 times
Washington D.C. We need LESS government anyways!!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Mojave CA
No way man! Mojave has all these retired commercial aviation aircraft and its got a great military base! If you love aviation like me (I'm majoring in it) you don't want Mojave to go. Same goes for Tucson. I nominate Minot, North Dakota as the latest candidate as well as Cheyenne. But then again, Yellowstone will take care of them when it goes. Sadly, it will also take care of over 50% of the lower 48

Old 06-13-2007, 07:49 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,294,899 times
Quote:
Yeah, and you also live in Scottsdale, Arizona, which says a whole lot about your taste (or lack thereof).
And I happen to like Scottsdale, it's a very TASTEFUL city. Please don't make such mean-spirited comments, that was uncalled for.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:52 PM

9 posts, read 17,781 times
First off, I would NEVER consider Scottsdale a city. It's a burb of another burb (Phoenix), full of gated communities and the fake plastic wealthy. It's also in the middle of the hot, horrid desert, and has access to nothing. I am sorry, but I do NOT feel alive when I visit Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale/Mesa. That metro is easily the worst in the nation, and funny enough, so many people agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or