Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 07:58 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
First off, I would NEVER consider Scottsdale a city. It's a burb of another burb (Phoenix), full of gated communities and the fake plastic wealthy. It's also in the middle of the hot, horrid desert, and has access to nothing. I am sorry, but I do NOT feel alive when I visit Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale/Mesa. That metro is easily the worst in the nation, and funny enough, so many people agree.
Uhh...yea access to nothing; San Diego and Vegas are about 6 hours away, Sedona isn't too far, Mexico is a few hours away, and Sky Harbor will take you anywhere else you need to go. If you don't feel alive when here then just stay away. This is a metro of over 4,000,000 people so evidently they must be doing something right.

Quote:
That metro is easily the worst in the nation
Based on what, your opinion?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:01 PM

9 posts, read 19,589 times
Please, you ask most people what city has the worst skyline in America, they will most likely answer Phoenix. The skyline there is horrible, and the downtown is just as dead as the skyline appears. There is nothing going on there, and obviously from your post, you have to get out of there to have access to anything.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Please, you ask most people what city has the worst skyline in America, they will most likely answer Phoenix.
Since when did this become about a skyline? I admit that Phoenix doesn't have much of a skyline but I still love this city.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:10 PM

9 posts, read 19,589 times
It's not about the skyline, but the skyline is a pretty good representation of the city. Sorry to break this to you, but that city is dead. I have been there plenty of times, and it has nothing to offer.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
It's not about the skyline, but the skyline is a pretty good representation of the city. Sorry to break this to you, but that city is dead. I have been there plenty of times, and it has nothing to offer.
Evidently you haven't searched very hard...

About the skyline, many cities have small skylines but the cities itself are pretty important. Look at Denver, Minneapolis, Los Angeles (small skyline for a city its' size), Austin, Washington D.C., etc etc; all these cities are important but each lacks a huge skyline.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:53 PM

38 posts, read 161,888 times
Default Good Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Little Rock, Arkansas. Who cares about that city besides the people that live there?
Total agreement here (grew up just south of it and it SUCKS!)

Old 06-13-2007, 09:06 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Orlando.

Or one of those little towns in Nebraska and Kansas, population 5 or less.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:57 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
All of New Jersey. That would take care of the 9,000,000 or so people that hate me with an undying passion for no logical reason!

P.S. I'm proud that nobody said "Scranton." I guess our image is improving somewhat.

I'd also throw Schenectady, New York into the ring because it's too difficult to spell!

Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
All of New Jersey. That would take care of the 9,000,000 or so people that hate me with an undying passion for no logical reason!

P.S. I'm proud that nobody said "Scranton." I guess our image is improving somewhat.

I'd also throw Schenectady, New York into the ring because it's too difficult to spell!

LOL!!! You crack me up. I love the NJ comment. hehehehe

Schenectady.......... hmmm, can you imagine some poor kid trying to learn to say that. I can think of a couple of words that would be coming out that would raise a few eyebrows. Why don't we just call it like it is "schitntittie" or "schitndady".

Old 06-13-2007, 10:25 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
LOL!!! You crack me up. I love the NJ comment. hehehehe

Whenever I poke my nose into that forum, I just feel the pitchforks starting to run towards me at full-force, as most are still quite refreshed of our major brou-ha-ha back in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Schenectady.......... hmmm, can you imagine some poor kid trying to learn to say that. I can think of a couple of words that would be coming out that would raise a few eyebrows. Why don't we just call it like it is "schitntittie" or "schitndady".
I know. It's almost as bad as "Pflugerville", Texas. I don't even know how to pronounce that one! LOL! Is the "P" silent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.