U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 06:18 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,598,656 times

Advertisements

I heard Asheville is extremely stuck up, and full of themselves and full of sh**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 06:53 PM

20,853 posts, read 35,976,422 times
Hanover, NH

Old 06-18-2011, 07:30 PM

13,222 posts, read 17,972,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Alexandria and Arlington, VA

- Lived there 6 years, seeing stuck up people all day, fretting about their lawns on their McMansions or washing their luxury cars, extremely entertaining.....as long as you don't work in customer service and have to interact with them
Yeah, I'd get fired pretty quickly if I had any kind of job relating to customer service in some of these places.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:42 PM

723 posts, read 1,399,024 times
Seconded for Asheville. Their fan site on Twitter, AskAsheville, kind of reflects the town. If you mention Asheville in anything, they tweet it. Many think their city is the best and that nothing is nicer.

Another city that is kind of stuck up with some of their people: Savannah. Everybody talks about Paula Deen's restaurant there and how they have the best Southern food anywhere. There's several Southern places in any town around the Southeast that have just as good food as them, perhaps better.

Savannah is still a very separated town with its schools. Most of the rich living in town go to private schools like Benedictine, Savannah Country Day and others, while the public high schools are predominately for the lower classes.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:22 PM

12,391 posts, read 24,580,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan16 View Post
Seconded for Asheville. Their fan site on Twitter, AskAsheville, kind of reflects the town. If you mention Asheville in anything, they tweet it. Many think their city is the best and that nothing is nicer.

Another city that is kind of stuck up with some of their people: Savannah. Everybody talks about Paula Deen's restaurant there and how they have the best Southern food anywhere. There's several Southern places in any town around the Southeast that have just as good food as them, perhaps better.

Savannah is still a very separated town with its schools. Most of the rich living in town go to private schools like Benedictine, Savannah Country Day and others, while the public high schools are predominately for the lower classes.
reps to you, finally somebody else understands savannah instead of spending a weekend there and going a 6 block walking distance. most overrated city on this board.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:28 PM

5,555 posts, read 6,988,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan16 View Post

I heard a rumor that schools in the Savannah area (including the suburbs) have a high high school drop out rate. Is this true?

Old 06-18-2011, 10:46 PM

723 posts, read 1,399,024 times
Savannah is like that in many areas. The Chatham schools in '08-'09 only had 72% graduate.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:12 AM

13,222 posts, read 17,972,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
I heard a rumor that schools in the Savannah area (including the suburbs) have a high high school drop out rate. Is this true?
Many school districts in Georgia have a high dropout rate. I know that the Clarke County School District graduates just over half the students who enter 9th grade.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:22 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,297,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Always laughing at San Francisco. It also seems to be parodied a lot.

Who could forget the episode Smug Alert on South Park? It's one of their best.

Smug Alert (Season 10, Episode 2) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios

Just watched that, forgot how great this was. I love the part where Cartman is all suited up and he walks by the cafe where the two partons are like "Yea San Francisco is more European like Paris or Milan." LoL. They even got the San Francisco accent right with the eeeeeeeelongated vooooowels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or