Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:45 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,778,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
Washington, DC.

People talk about how much top dollar they make, how they're saving the world with their all-important jobs, and that they're going to a black-tie party tonight and will possibly meet the Senator from Indiana.

And then they rush to catch a metro train and dive through the closing doors as if there's going to be an explosion behind them, when there's always another train on the way and would arrive in less than 2 minutes.
Its ironic, because DC has nothing to be stuck up about. The DC area is actually very provinical compared to Richmond. Most people there hail from the midwest or little towns further north. Talking about how much money you make is the tackiest thing ever. Richmonders never do such things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 04:35 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,223,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
Its ironic, because DC has nothing to be stuck up about. The DC area is actually very provinical compared to Richmond. Most people there hail from the midwest or little towns further north. Talking about how much money you make is the tackiest thing ever. Richmonders never do such things.
Yeah, I don't know why that is. Most people in DC are in fact transplants from elsehwere. Maybe they get too carried away with their high salaries? Anyone care to pitch in a reason why people in DC are stuck up? Or is it all a perception thing?

Old 06-20-2007, 05:29 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,209,612 times
Quote:
Also, Lincoln is close. I love going to downtown they have a decent nightlife in volume of people for a small population and hearing alot these women with 3+ babies trying to find men. They are so upfront around here about all these babies they have and think just because they percieve themselves as good-looking they can find a man.
Well, apparently they can find a man if they have 3+ babies to show for it!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:18 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,667,764 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don't know why that is. Most people in DC are in fact transplants from elsehwere. Maybe they get too carried away with their high salaries? Anyone care to pitch in a reason why people in DC are stuck up? Or is it all a perception thing?
Inflated egos; making enough to feel above and "better" than blue collar and their hometowns, yet still a looong way off from being as succesful, fufilled - and secure- as the Bentley and Rolls set and the people whose butts they're kissing. So they must "compensate". AND be competitive. Not unique to Washngton, it's just that so many are clustered there. Visit the Hamptons someday for some more amusement -what UnknownStuntman said about WestChester (I think it was).

Last edited by Travel'r; 06-20-2007 at 08:34 PM..

Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 PM

441 posts, read 2,103,266 times
I visited Lincoln once, and I must say... they are very high on themselves.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:53 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
Wow... could you imagine DC traffic without the Metro? It would stay in gridlock.
Yeah, I could imagine a place four times the size with no real mass transit. Keeping with the topic, New York has an industry for pimping itself out that has no equal. Rather than the filmed entertainment industry of Los Angeles, New York has a filmed 'advertisement' industry. Big difference. Start spreading the.... ewwws! Don't believe me? There is currently a multibillionaire mouse on tour spreading it. Can't go anywhere without his very own podium! Tells you how he can run this country because, well, he's the mayor of New York. Not many have even heard of him. Doesn't matter, he's sticking to the wall. I'd be throwing up chunks, if I wasn't laughing so much.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:00 PM

341 posts, read 1,669,424 times
Scottsdale - "Snobsdale"
it is like watching a Broadway play everyday - on the streets here

Old 06-24-2007, 08:11 PM

87 posts, read 209,812 times
Exclamation Make that another vote for Washington DC

Quote:
Washington, DC.

People talk about how much top dollar they make, how they're saving the world with their all-important jobs, and that they're going to a black-tie party tonight and will possibly meet the Senator from Indiana.

And then they rush to catch a metro train and dive through the closing doors as if there's going to be an explosion behind them, when there's always another train on the way and would arrive in less than 2 minutes.
I agree! The inhabitants of DC and suburbs think they are hot sh**. Meeting one, the first thing you are asked is where do work? The next where do you live? From that you are grilled more to see if you can possibly be sold something or are you a valuable as a CONTACT.

With this one-up-man/woman-ship game, people lie and exaggerate. Everyone is making a ton of money, is in a sensitive government position, works with "Condy" all the time forgetting to mention that they work in the third basement in the mail room and once so their buddy going out the door to her limo surrounded by 10 security cops who also play this game despite having been recently recruited from Podunk' finest police force.

The women in Lincoln, Nebraska with three kids, looking for a man must have moved to Washington. widower, I was turned down for online dates by all these women. Somehow they think they are much too beautiful to consider a man who is "old as their father," "not having same interests or life experiences," etc, etc, despite their now status as single mothers, divorced, and getting fat and old just like everyone around .

Last edited by agreeableone; 06-24-2007 at 08:36 PM..

Old 06-25-2007, 01:50 AM

115 posts, read 480,121 times
Mill Valley and Sausalito, CA

Old 06-27-2007, 05:43 PM

130 posts, read 526,324 times
I hate to knock my own state but Minnesota has alot of snobby people. Especially Minneapolis! Not everyone. A good 80% of the state are stuck-up! For what reason I will never know! Then again there are people like that everywhere. It just seems alot of them are here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.