U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 08:59 PM

7,812 posts, read 12,316,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Golden Gate Bridge would be my favorite, too. You(se) guys are gonna laugh, but the Pulaski Skyway has a sort of gritty, industrial beauty as viewed from the New Jersey Turnpike at certain hours of the day...

Ya know what they call the Frances Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore at rush hour, don'tcha? The "Car-Bangled Spanner"...
I've driven the Key Bridge MANY times (used to live in Edgemere) and never experienced it honestly. Now I didn't regularly travel out of Dundalk/Essex/Middle River that much but 695 between Route 40 to Hawkins Point is always one of the least congested Baltimore area freeways. Its nothing compared ot the Fort McHenry Tunnel, I-95, Interstate 83, or Route 100!!! Of all the Baltimore harbor crossings the Key Bridge is the least busy, and the eastern part of 695 is much less congested than the loop from White Marsh through Towson to Catonsville.

The key Bridge is noticeable for how steep it is, though it really isn't that tall once you think about it. I've been under it on a cruise ship and the funnel was a mere 15 feet from the roadway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 PM

7,812 posts, read 12,316,247 times

Base Jumping off the New River Gorge Bridge on Bridge Day 2012 - YouTube

Here are people parachuting off the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia. this is the third highest bridge in the US, over 850 feet from the road to the bottom. Bridge Day is an annual event that attracts over 100,000 people from all over the country to the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.