Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:48 PM

15 posts, read 63,463 times

Advertisements

I hope no one is offened by this, but Im looking for a place to live that doesnt have many children or no children are allowed. At least small children. I have heard such places do exist but Im not sure where. Are there any cities or areas or states where no small children are allowed? Im not talking about a 55+ area. Im 25 and my husband is 30 but we are interested in (when we are ready to buy a house) a place that doesnt allow children or doesnt have many. We really enjoy or quiet and places with lots of children are very loud. Nothing against people who have children and of course there are good parents out there who teach their children not to be loud and offensive. But my husband and I just prefer a very quiet area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 05:41 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times
I've heard of such settlements without kids. I remember there was a controversy with one as there was debates about whether forbidding families with children was legal.

My guess would be retirement villages and "gay villages" are the bulk of these. (I'm not saying gays are automatically childless, but I believe there are "gay villages" that are childless-oriented) The City-Data list of "Cities with the oldest residents" might include places with few or no children.

http://www.city-data.com/top7.html

However seeing as you are heterosexual and under 50 I'm thinking there isn't any "child-free" place for you.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:41 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,760,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShelly View Post
I hope no one is offened by this, but Im looking for a place to live that doesnt have many children or no children are allowed. At least small children. I have heard such places do exist but Im not sure where. Are there any cities or areas or states where no small children are allowed? Im not talking about a 55+ area. Im 25 and my husband is 30 but we are interested in (when we are ready to buy a house) a place that doesnt allow children or doesnt have many. We really enjoy or quiet and places with lots of children are very loud. Nothing against people who have children and of course there are good parents out there who teach their children not to be loud and offensive. But my husband and I just prefer a very quiet area.
To my knowlegde children are legal in all 50 states and all cities. Please

Old 05-22-2010, 05:52 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Quote:
When you find this place; please let me know. I hate kids.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:16 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,486,725 times
Quote:
I'm flummoxed that you would even think it's possible that there are cities or states where no small children are allowed!

I'm also flummoxed that, in another thread on the Salt Lake City forum (and as recently as the last couple of days) you have been expressing some enthusiasm for moving to Sandy - which is essentially a family area, and populated with many LDS who are not known for voluntarily remaining childless!

Your posts have me confused as well as flummoxed!

Old 05-22-2010, 06:36 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,034,220 times
Quote:
LOL I was going to suggest Orlando for fun!!

But you might want to consider Tampa or Las Vegas. Won't see many "small" children in either as compared to family type cities like Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, etc..

Old 05-22-2010, 06:53 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,409,040 times
Quote:
If a place like this existed, I would have moved there by now. I wish there was such a place. I really don't like children.

I guess the Uptown neighborhood in Minneapolis might fit the bill, very few children/families.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:58 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
To my knowlegde children are legal in all 50 states and all cities. Please
Unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
When you find this place; please let me know. I hate kids.
Ditto. Ive wondered if there might possibly be some sort of development where no children are allowed. Kinda a like a gated community for the childfree to live in peace.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:03 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
The way we solved this problem was to buy 26 acres in the country. The nearest neighbor is about 1/8th of a mile away.

This, however, does not keep their annoying teen sprog from (illegally) driving their 4-wheeler up an down, up and down, up and down on the highway (which runs in front of our house). I am going to have terribly mixed emotions the day that he becomes someone's hood ornament.

Incidentally, we can still hear one of our distant neighbors across the "holler" yelling at their spawn. But it certainly is not nearly as annoying as it would be if we were in closer proximity.

I totally feel your pain.

20yrsinBranson
blissfully childfree

Old 05-22-2010, 07:08 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The way we solved this problem was to buy 26 acres in the country. The nearest neighbor is about 1/8th of a mile away.

This, however, does not keep their annoying teen sprog from (illegally) driving their 4-wheeler up an down, up and down, up and down on the highway (which runs in front of our house). I am going to have terribly mixed emotions the day that he becomes someone's hood ornament.

Incidentally, we can still hear one of our distant neighbors across the "holler" yelling at their spawn. But it certainly is not nearly as annoying as it would be if we were in closer proximity.

I totally feel your pain.

20yrsinBranson
blissfully childfree
Haha Branson, you ought to build that childfree community on that property of yours. I can see it now....it would probably make you a killing money wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.