U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 01:03 PM

26,555 posts, read 47,267,732 times

Advertisements

I just thought I should caution everyone to be very careful while posting internet images onto this forum that aren't your property. I posted an image of Pittsburgh's skyline on here in the past, and even though I didn't claim ownership to it, I still received a warning via PM that the owner of the image was threatening legal action against me unless it was removed.

It just might be a good idea to give credit to the photographer before you post his/her work on this forum. As for me, I have taken thousands of images of PA that are available on PhotoBucket, but I couldn't care less if someone else wanted to utilize them to show others. However, those who earn their living through photography might not be so understanding for what they might perceive to be a threat to their credibility and reputation if others attempt to pass off their work as their own.

As such, you might want to start replies from now on with "Images Courtesy of Such and Such" before posting them to give them credit where credit is due for their hard work. I learned my lesson from that PM, and I plan to do that from now on as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 01:06 PM

26,555 posts, read 47,267,732 times
By the way, Baltimore looks absolutely gorgeous. I've been there many times, and each time I fall more and more in love with all it has to offer. I can never quite understand why everyone who lives in Maryland hates it with such a vehement passion. What city doesn't have crime? That's no reason to write it off.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:23 PM

4,386 posts, read 11,648,280 times
opps, I forgot that the pics I posted are all from flickr , thanks for mentioning that ScrantonWilkesBarre

And about Baltimore crime, its FAR from reasonable, im pretty sure thats the only reason a lot of people hate it. But its not just the people from MD who don't like it. I don't hate it, though. I really like it!

Old 06-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Status: "60th anniversary of the polio vaccine! Hail to Pitt!" (set 11 days ago)

70,063 posts, read 60,642,093 times
Three cities:

1. Pittsburgh, PA (already mentioned)

2. Beaver Falls, PA

3. Omaha, Nebraska

Old 06-16-2007, 07:28 PM

3,745 posts, read 3,448,496 times
Forgot to add Minneapolis/Saint Paul as well. Minneapolis/Saint Paul(Mississippi), Cincinnati(Ohio), St. Louis(Mississippi, Missouri, Meramec, Illinois, Des Peres), and KC IMO are among the most significant river cities of the Midwest, and IMO in the nation as they are in the top 20/30 largest cities in the U.S. on the the three most significant rivers in the U.S. (Missouri, Mississippi, Ohio). New York (Hudson), Detroit (St. Clair) , Cleveland (Cuyahoga), Columbus(Scioto I think is the river's name), Chicago (Illinois, Chicago, Fox), Memphis (Mississippi), Louisville (Ohio), New Orleans (Mississippi), Seattle (Columbia I think?)....it's actually kind of amazing how many river cities there are in the U.S. People tend to look at cities only along the major rivers and count those. there are actually quite a bunch. Oh yeah...Huntington (WV), Pittsburgh, D.C. (Potomac), Wheeling (WV)...

Old 06-16-2007, 08:07 PM

81 posts, read 219,962 times
River cities are cool. I like my cities the same way I like my women: old, dirty, and bitchy.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Status: "60th anniversary of the polio vaccine! Hail to Pitt!" (set 11 days ago)

70,063 posts, read 60,642,093 times
Beaver Falls is on the Beaver and Omaha is on the Missouri, FWIW.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:40 PM

4,386 posts, read 11,648,280 times
Washington DC

photos from flickr

Old 06-17-2007, 07:17 AM

3,745 posts, read 3,448,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefaultAlias View Post
River cities are cool. I like my cities the same way I like my women: old, dirty, and bitchy.
Word Default...word

Old 06-18-2007, 08:41 AM

3,857 posts, read 5,245,956 times
OOPS! My images are courtesy of google.

That second pic of Chicago. NICE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.