U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 03:59 PM

4,097 posts, read 10,181,191 times

Advertisements

You know, I came from Los Angeles to Charlotte, NC and I used to think more the way you do about "the South." It is pure ignorance to speak about things you really don't know about. The South is a HUGE area of the country and to state that they are all alike is just not true. Now, I might not choose to live in NW Arkansas, but most major cities these days are similar to one another.

I have been in Charlotte for 2 years and don't even hear southern accents much. It is VERY clean compared to much of CA.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Would you never live in? I would never live in Alaska. It's a beautiful state, and a great place to visit, but it gets really cold, nothing there, and only a few hours of daylight during winter, and nothing but daylight in the summer. It's just too far away from everything for me.
Other states would have to be in the south. They're dirty, and have devestating hurricanes every summer. There's also a lot of racism.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 04:14 PM

86 posts, read 350,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethewest View Post
North Dakota is clean, friendly, wide open, virtually traffic-less, practically no pollution. I think ND is a great state.
I'm sure it's very nice... I'm just teasing. You just never hear a whole lot about the state!!

I'm from Ohio and that's making plenty of these lists. Although I think Ohio is a great place... just depends on which part you're in.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:45 PM

4,097 posts, read 10,181,191 times
I met a teacher from ND at a conference in DC a few years ago. He said the only traffic he encounters is if a cow crosses the road in front of him! He also said that the population is so scarce in some areas (like where he is) that subjects like chemistry, biology and such have to be taught via satellite TV from bigger cities. He also started at only 17K per year. Yikes!

We have driven through ND and SD (Yeah Wall Drug!) and it was nice. I imagine the winters are bitter though.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethewest View Post
North Dakota is clean, friendly, wide open, virtually traffic-less, practically no pollution. I think ND is a great state.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:17 PM

7,139 posts, read 13,191,573 times
I think it would be easier for me to say I would never live out of the SouthWest part of the country, and specifically Texas. I would consider WY, UT, NM if I had to.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:45 PM

2,774 posts, read 2,501,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
You know, I came from Los Angeles to Charlotte, NC and I used to think more the way you do about "the South." It is pure ignorance to speak about things you really don't know about. The South is a HUGE area of the country and to state that they are all alike is just not true. Now, I might not choose to live in NW Arkansas, but most major cities these days are similar to one another.

I have been in Charlotte for 2 years and don't even hear southern accents much. It is VERY clean compared to much of CA.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Dawn
I'm not talking about Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, ect-I could live in those areas. I'm talking about Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Missisippi, and all of those.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:08 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,882,263 times
Would never live in southern california., ugly attitudes, major water issues, too many racists, earthquakes, coastal pollution, air pollution, crime, too much celebrity worship and general lack of respect toward others. All of the same goes for southern florida, except the earthquakes!
ANYWHERE else in the USA is okay for me state wise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or