U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 03:23 PM

653 posts, read 3,132,844 times

Advertisements

I could never work in any kind of an underground mine. If I could do a "Do-Over" in my life-I would have been a cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 11:58 AM

270 posts, read 1,144,686 times
When unemployed a few years ago, I turned down a contract to write some spyware.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:09 PM

311 posts, read 1,280,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I went to school to be a paralegal because I thought it would entail alot of research and leg-work. turns out it's alot of paper pushing and I can't do that.
I'm actually a paralegal. Working at a large law firm (top 100 in the country)is more interesting because there is much more variety of work. We have a large staff and at my senior level I get to do a lot of different things.

I would not want to be involved in sales. I am not a gregarious person by nature and would hate having a position where my livelihood was dependent on my ability to convince someone to buy something.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:24 AM

1,418 posts, read 6,383,648 times
I wouldn't be a police officer, but not for the reasons some have mentioned. For the danger they put themselves in for our safety, they're neither appreciated or paid at a proper level, and their work hours are odd. I consider it a calling instead of a job (as with firemen, teachers, etc.) There is corruption in EVERY occupation (especially white colar). It's no more in LE than anywhere else. They have my respect, not my contempt. Who will you call after you've been mugged or robbed???

Old 06-20-2007, 08:05 PM

95 posts, read 1,199,004 times
1. Any job in the medical profession. I am way too sensitive to sick folk. I'd be in tears all day.
2. A cop because I cannot run fast
3. A fireman because I am allergic to smoke.
4. A school teacher because kids AND parents are just crazy these days.
5. A preacher because everyone thinks you are a phony.
6. A dentist because... ouch... the sound of that drill
7. A newscaster because their huge ego and holier than thou attitude when they are really a nobody... they just read teleprompter for a living
8. A realtor because working with women who are wanting houses their husbands don't want because of some minor foundation work... too frustrating
9. A secretary because who wants to sit a a desk or get coffee all day. Besides you have to have really, really, really, big, high, and round perky boobs if you want a raise. The perkier the boobs the bigger the raise. Raise size depends on boob size.
10. A bus driver because I never know where I am going.

It's a good thing I'm independtly wealthy.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:31 PM

442 posts, read 1,939,975 times
I would never do a job that required me to coiff hair or wax bodies. Ewww!

Old 06-20-2007, 09:22 PM

442 posts, read 1,939,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I could never be a hit man or anything to do with killing animals.
Me either. I also would not want to give pedicures.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:36 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,019,160 times
I could never be an exterminator(can't look at rodents) or one of those people who pick up road kill off the highways. Also, I couldn't be a surgeon (hate blood), the person who administers lethal injections on death row or a funeral parlor employee. I don't think I could be a kindergarten teacher (although I love kids) or stuntwoman.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:07 AM

250 posts, read 868,134 times
I'd honestly have to say that I want to try everything! I want to know what it's like to be in everyone's shoes. It is unfair and demeaning to say that a job isn't good enough for you to work in. And to those of you who couldn't handle a "blue collar" job, um yeah, if you had to, you would! The spoiling of America!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or