My husband and I are looking to relocate by early or mid 2011. We currently live in southern CA but our area is very expensive. Apartments (decent to nice) in our area are $1250/month to $1600/month. Homes in our area are 1 million to 2 million. We live close to the beach and its beautiful but we are done spending way too much money to live here and goods jobs are hard to find right now in our area too. We are looking for a new place to live. It could be a new county within CA or a whole new state. We are considering several different places and keeping our options open.
Any positive and helpful suggestions would be great.I see a lot of people on here just attacking each other verbally so I am not looking for any rude comments or to get into a debate about anything. Im just here for helpful feedback. If you do have a problem with something I write/ask please feel free to not respond at all.
Here is what my husband and I are looking for in relocating. Im sure we wont find everything we want in one place but hopefully most of these things.
1) good/decent paying jobs available
2) safe area with low crime
3) affordable apartments/homes to rent/buy (we consider an affordable apartment to be
$700/month to $1000/month and an affordable home to be $300,000).
4) good/decent air quality
5) no extreme/drastic weather changes (one day its negative 3 degrees and next week its 105 degrees). Warmer weather preferred so it cost less to heat a pool.
6) safe driving, safe/good drivers, safe freeways/streets
7) privacy when you buy a home (getting more land/space with your home). The homes here barely offer any backyard and there is no space in between homes.
8) good health care, doctors, hospitals
9) being within a 30 minute drive to the city with stores, places to eat, a mall
I will tell you a little about us so you can suggest the best county/state for us to consider. We are both white and in our early 30's. We are both conservative, republicans. We are both church-going Christians. We have no children and are not planning on having
children anytime soon. We are both career minded people. We enjoy hiking, going to the gym. My husband has a Bachelor of Science in information security systems and is looking for a high paying job in which he can use his degree. I currently make $45,000 a year working in
advertising but am looking to work less so I can go to school and get a degree. Considering a medical major but I am not 100% sure yet. I also have lots of management experience from other jobs but currently no degree. My husband and I would like to buy a 3 bedroom house
within the next few years. And we would like to rent a nice apartment in the meantime. We dont want to have to spend hours commuting to work everyday. Maybe 30 to 45 minutes each way to work, tops.