U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:22 PM

201 posts, read 1,009,938 times

Advertisements

What is a bonus room? When the number of bedrooms are listed, does this include the bonus room?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 09:26 PM

111 posts, read 814,287 times
A bonus room is in addition to the bedrooms. A bonus room is like an extra den or a playroom. Do other states not have bonus rooms????

Old 06-23-2007, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmartini View Post
A bonus room is in addition to the bedrooms. A bonus room is like an extra den or a playroom. Do other states not have bonus rooms????
Normally, they don't list it as a bonus room. They will call it a den or name whatever the room is.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:15 AM

214 posts, read 1,750,988 times
bonus rooms normally don't have closets and are sometimes not finished. we did not have bonus rooms in NY when I lived there

Old 06-23-2007, 05:17 AM

214 posts, read 1,750,988 times
sometimes it is listed as a bedroom if it has been finished to have a loset (our house was listed as 4 bedrooms because previous owner finished it and put in a closet

Old 06-23-2007, 07:24 AM

4 posts, read 10,919 times
Janet:
A BONUS room in East Cobb is simply the space above a garage, which is converted into living space. These rooms are mostly for on-slab homes. Drive-unders generally don't have them. Bonus rooms are hard to heat and cool, very difficult to decorate, just plain awkward, and are best for unwanted guests and/or a free-4-all room for kids. If you are considering a house with this feature, RUN !!!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobark View Post
Janet:
A BONUS room in East Cobb is simply the space above a garage, which is converted into living space. These rooms are mostly for on-slab homes. Drive-unders generally don't have them. Bonus rooms are hard to heat and cool, very difficult to decorate, just plain awkward, and are best for unwanted guests and/or a free-4-all room for kids. If you are considering a house with this feature, RUN !!!
Thank you for your input. I TRULY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 09:27 AM

1,418 posts, read 9,366,940 times
A "Bonus" room is what we used to call a converted attic. I actually appreciate houses built with this option. You don't have to finish it out and can just use it for storage; or you can have an extra room, understanding that it is harder to heat and cool than the other rooms usually because lack of any attic space. Personally, I'd rather have a large basement - you can do more with it than you can with a bonus room. But, if I could have both, I'd take both!

Old 06-23-2007, 10:33 AM

5,849 posts, read 15,940,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobark View Post
Janet:
Agreed that a bonus room is usually a room over the garage, but the rest is just ridiculous! It depends on the house. Sometimes it's called a bonus room because building codes don't allow a bedroom over a garage. Doesn't mean you can't use it as a bedroom. Ask your real estate agent.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
A "Bonus" room is what we used to call a converted attic. I actually appreciate houses built with this option. You don't have to finish it out and can just use it for storage; or you can have an extra room, understanding that it is harder to heat and cool than the other rooms usually because lack of any attic space. Personally, I'd rather have a large basement - you can do more with it than you can with a bonus room. But, if I could have both, I'd take both!
AMEN!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or