U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:48 PM

876 posts, read 1,107,718 times
I like Griffin, but never knew how good or bad the hospital is. I have friends who live there, but never brought the subject up. Some exurban hospitals are not up to par to Atlanta's as many here would know. Good to hear something positive about Spalding County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 05:46 PM

5 posts, read 8,286 times
Default Sun City Peachtree

We visited Sun City Peachtree. Shopping is close as others previously stated. Within 10 or 15 minutes, depending on whether you go to McDonough or Griffin. However, it is sort of back off the beaten path. If you didn't know it was there you would never see it. That may be fine for some but not my preference.

Very nice community though. It is beautiful. Would I move there? Probably not. Sun City Carolina Lakes in Ft. Mill is in a better location and has restaurants, grocery, and medical facilities immediately outside the community. You can ride your golf cart to them all.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:57 AM

5 posts, read 8,286 times
Ok, went to see SC Peachtree again. Took the family and they loved it. I said I wouldn't move there, but hubby and family are very persuasive. It is off the main road but that can be a good thing. My children say they can't wait for 55 so they can move there. I want the lifestyle and Peachtree is very affordable. So if my husband says Peachtree, Peachtree it is. It is absolutely beautiful, I will say that again.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:34 PM

635 posts, read 689,767 times
Truthfully I would go with sc peachtree it is in a very fine location, it really isn't too far for shopping, and the area around them, especially McDonough, is growing very quickly. The area is just far enough from the hustle and bustle, but close enough for a lovely weekend on the town. The best thing though is it's between Macon and Atlanta, just my opinion though. Good luck.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 1,823 times
I have been living in Griffin for the past 4 years. I absolutely love it. Sun City is very close to the City of Griffin. Henry county has more shopping stores than Griffin (it is more populated). I moved here from a very big city and I love Griffin because it is very quiet. Here I get all the accommodations of a big city however, but it has a small town feel. When I want some action I travel to Atlanta; when I am done I come back home and it is so peaceful. I sit outside at night and look up in the sky to see all the bright stars. I love Griffin, this is home to me.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia