Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 03:40 PM

573 posts, read 2,058,284 times

Advertisements

This post is specifically about NorthWest GA. That's where I live, I'm not from this state, from Northeast. These people overdue Halloween. I've seen how Halloween is where I'm from, and it's nothing like this. These people with kids walking in the middle of the streets, cars driving the kids, they even have people in back of the truck dressed up like it's a parade and they play music from the stereo. Okay, calm down people, we know it's Halloween, you don't have to make that much of a deal about it. This is the only time when people are actually walking outside in these subdivisions-- to get candy. They aimlessly walking in circles with these dead ends. Is there a Satanic worship connection with these people? That's the only thing I can think of, cause I never seen them this happy. Or is it cause they are always stuck in cars and inside houses, that cause they rarely go outside walking, they become excited too much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 04:48 PM

250 posts, read 580,377 times
Agreed, This holiday has gotten completely out of hand! I mena people go nuts. i can understand a few yard decorations but ive seen people with yards that are completely full ..i mean completely FULL of inflatables, gravestones, bones, bodies, guillotines and even a rowboat. Makes me laugh how nutso people get over it....a rowboat. Come on

Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmans77 View Post
<snip> I can understand a few yard decorations but ive seen people with yards that are completely full . . . .<snip>
Hell, Halloween is just a warm up down the these parts. If you want to see some serious yard decorations, Just wait a few more weeks. December is a great time of year for Gerogia Power. A few of these houses can be seen from space after dark.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM

250 posts, read 580,377 times
good point!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:38 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
this year it was insane in my area

ok people.. doesnt the complete lack of any conceivable decoration (except my garden hose) cue in that i don't want part of your raids? my poor doorbell needs a spa treatment after sunday. i ended up cutting the power to it 2 hours into the raids.

worst off, i couldn't even leave my street due to the blockage on it. my girl was asking "think they will go away soon" because we were planning on going on. i just looked back and said, "no hun, they are zombies. they persist and loiter"

we ended up eating at the waffle house at 2am.............. great.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:22 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
This post is specifically about NorthWest GA. That's where I live, I'm not from this state, from Northeast. These people overdue Halloween. I've seen how Halloween is where I'm from, and it's nothing like this. These people with kids walking in the middle of the streets, cars driving the kids, they even have people in back of the truck dressed up like it's a parade and they play music from the stereo. Okay, calm down people, we know it's Halloween, you don't have to make that much of a deal about it. This is the only time when people are actually walking outside in these subdivisions-- to get candy. They aimlessly walking in circles with these dead ends. Is there a Satanic worship connection with these people? That's the only thing I can think of, cause I never seen them this happy. Or is it cause they are always stuck in cars and inside houses, that cause they rarely go outside walking, they become excited too much?
You could always go back to the Northeast for Halloween, that way you won't have anything to complain about.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 PM

472 posts, read 854,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
You could always go back to the Northeast for Halloween, that way you won't have anything to complain about.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:26 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
this year it was insane in my area

ok people.. doesnt the complete lack of any conceivable decoration (except my garden hose) cue in that i don't want part of your raids? my poor doorbell needs a spa treatment after sunday. i ended up cutting the power to it 2 hours into the raids.

worst off, i couldn't even leave my street due to the blockage on it. my girl was asking "think they will go away soon" because we were planning on going on. i just looked back and said, "no hun, they are zombies. they persist and loiter"

we ended up eating at the waffle house at 2am.............. great.
We learned a few years back to make sure we had enough food and supplies to last several hours, until the natives went back to bed. When we first moved into our neighborhood, we made the mistake of ordering a pizza about 15 minutes before the streets became clogged with hungry kids.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
We learned a few years back to make sure we had enough food and supplies to last several hours, until the natives went back to bed. When we first moved into our neighborhood, we made the mistake of ordering a pizza about 15 minutes before the streets became clogged with hungry kids.
We hid like hobbits. There is one box of chocolates on the counter and it's all mine!

Besides, im trying to teach them to ignore this place. Christmas carrols are forthcoming

Half the trickers weren't even local. Not up to opening doors to strangers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia