U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 PM

11 posts, read 65,842 times
Default Best places to live in Georgia with small children

My husband works for Coca-Cola and is being transferred to Atlanta. We are searching for the best school districts and trying to pinpoint areas to start visiting in March over spring break. Our priority is to find the best schools and then find a home in that area. Our price range is $300< and we will consider the commute accordingly. We have young elementary age children that love being involved in sports and being outside. We would love to have an over-sized lot or acreage. Currently we live in an acreage subdivision that offers great schools, outstanding sports programs and is a small thriving community. Something comprable would be lovely. Do you have any suggestions as to areas? We hear a lot about East Cobb, and the cities of Dunwoody, Roswell, Aopharetta, Suwanee and Duluth keep coming round. Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 09:42 AM

375 posts, read 721,508 times
You can rent housing for $1300 or less in most of those communities, as long as you can live with a 3/2 home instead of a mini-mansion. Suwanee and Lawrenceville have great schools. Can say about Duluth or Berkley Lakes.
You're about an hour's drive to the city from say Suwanee. 10 min less from Duluth. Alpharetta seems to get a lot of transplants, but if you want quiet streets and good schools you need to look further out.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:08 PM

I'm sorry. I misspoke. I put in the wrong budget for housing. Our budget is $500>. I was looking at Timber Ridge Elementary, any middle school it feeds into and then Pope or Lassiter High in East Cobb. Would you recommend another county for excellent schools as a second option? We do not want to go too far north because of the commute into town.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evcollins View Post
I'm sorry. I misspoke. I put in the wrong budget for housing. Our budget is $500>.
Geez $500 won't hardly get you into a mobile home and it won't be in the best school district! You need to go a bit higher - $750-950 for any decent community.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:07 AM

$500 is a starting point for us, so if you can suggest communities within a good school district, that would be great. Our first area to visit is the area around Timber Ridge Elementary that feeds into Pope or Lassiter, not Walton.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 AM

Location: Valdosta, GA (Northside), grew up in Emmitsburg, MD
94 posts, read 184,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaduchman View Post
Geez $500 won't hardly get you into a mobile home and it won't be in the best school district! You need to go a bit higher - $750-950 for any decent community.
Hey GA duchman- Valdosta has many places in the $400-$600 range to rent. Does that mean that the schools suck there too?

Old 01-16-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reclick1 View Post
Hey GA duchman- Valdosta has many places in the $400-$600 range to rent. Does that mean that the schools suck there too?
Hey - why don't you read the subject before interjecting a comment?

The OP isn't talking about 'Dosta! [quote=evcollins;17317535]My husband works for Coca-Cola and is being transferred to Atlanta. We are searching for the best school districts and trying to pinpoint areas to start visiting in March over spring break.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 14,499 times
hello i have two daughters 7 & 1 . i am looking to move to georgia what are some good cities to move with kids , near great schools and communities?

Old 11-02-2011, 02:22 PM

37 posts, read 47,813 times
I recently visited Pope high school and thought it was an aweosme experience.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:01 AM

5 posts, read 3,693 times
Hi, I'm looking to move to the Georgia. I have a 10 year old son and 5 year old daughter. I would like to be close to Atlanta but don't need to be in the city. As always a good school is what I'm looking for. I would like a 3 bdrm paying around $800/month. Any suggestions??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia