Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,029 times

Advertisements

I have a few questions about moving to McDonough GA,

First, we've looked at apartments. Any recommendations for one under $1000?

Second is the issue with school zoning. If I'm correct, most of the apartment complexes are zoned for Henry County High School, but we've heard bad things about it and would prefer to go to one of the other high schools. If we move to an apartment that is zoned for Henry County, could we transfer to one in another zoned area nearby? Would it be hard to do so?

Thanks in advance~

Last edited by Hunger Gamer; 03-20-2011 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 08:28 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunger Gamer View Post
I have a few questions about moving to McDonough GA,

First, we've looked at apartments. Any recommendations for one under $1000?

Second is the issue with school zoning. If I'm correct, most of the apartment complexes are zoned for Henry County High School, but we've heard bad things about it and would prefer to go to one of the other high schools. If we move to an apartment that is zoned for Henry County, could we transfer to one in another zoned area nearby? Would it be hard to do so?

Thanks in advance~
There are NO apartments that are zoned for ANY of the decent schools in McDonough. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you must rent, rent a house in one of the few, and I do stress few decent schools in Henry county. Most of the schools there are a total disgrace and me and my wife moved from there, our hometown for that reason alone!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:06 AM

635 posts, read 1,509,184 times
Preston creek apartments near the Wal-mart, Cracker barrel, and quick trip off of 75. It's very well priced and a very good community, with the school zoned for Eagles Landing at least it was when i lived there in my opinion Eagles Landing is the better school. I lived there in 2005.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 AM

635 posts, read 1,509,184 times
Preston creek 3 bedroom 3 bathroom with sun room 915-930 dollars per month seriously check it out these appear to be there current rates Call: (678) 369-9131 this is the number provided from apartment guide. Also mcdonough is one of the fastest growing communities i have ever seen and i have been all over the country its very well located and is very friendly.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:21 AM

815 posts, read 708,011 times
I agree. You have to be very careful with where you move to in Henry County. HCHS does suck. I have an 8 month old baby, and I'm getting out now primarily because so many of the schools are just not that great.

Also, take some time to check out the neighborhoods in Henry County in general. A lot of them have really gone down. My husband owned a home in Henry County which I moved into after we got married in 2008. Especially in the newer subdivisions, the quality of life is steadily deteriorating with all of the foreclosures. I could not imagine what it would be like in an apartment complex.

We were going to wait a couple of years to get rid of hubby's house before we bought another house, but I just can't take it anymore. We have decided to rent out our house and then we are going to rent in Fayette County before we buy.

Henry County is one of the fastest growing counties in GA, but unfortunately, it hasn't been a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia