Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:27 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,374,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
If any of them want to go back home, they need a passport or passport card anyway, and the latter is perfect for this sort of thing.

If I were living abroad, I know that I'd be carrying my passport card (at least) everywhere. Why ask for trouble?
hahahahah

1. funny when people say that when they have never done it
2. your passport isnt designed to be carried around. it will get lost and damaged in a few weeks. look at the beating stuff in your wallet takes, and thats solid plastic, double laminated.
3. see 1 above
4. see 3 above
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Actually, the new Georgia law does allow for a drivers license to be proof of citizenship AS LONG AS it is issued from a state that checks immigration status when issuing licenses.

This does not include Washington and New Mexico. Which happens to be a violation of the full faith and credit doctrine of the US Constitution, Article IV, Section 1.
ay. you have to bring a passport/birth cert to get a ga license. 8 (previously 10 year) licenses are available ONLY to citizens. that's how you can tell one's citizen status without even asking. Currently 5+ validity are also citizen only. only idiots wouldnt be aware of that, but after all, chair patriots arent very smart are they

if not citizen, you need to bring passport and whatever paperwork you have that shows legal status. that could be numerous things, depending on your situation. licenses are issued until the expiration date of said document, OR to a max of 3 years if no expiration date is shown OR if a permanent resident. but not for longer than 3 years no matter what.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:27 AM

951 posts, read 745,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daizi Girl View Post
If a person is illegal then they need to be deported. I don't care if they are black, white, or hispanic. Most of the illegals ARE Hispanic. If you don't like these facts, then there is not much you can do.

Sorry, but I would like the USA to stay culturally American, not an over-sized extension of Mexico.
Xenophobia called and says hi. This is the same attitude the xenophobes held against the Irish, Italians, Chinese, Turks, Slavs, etc. This is already a melting pot of cultures you know right? I thought that was the beauty of America. The ignorance you are showing just because they might celebrate Christmas different than you or make Mexican food instead of hamburgers is not really surprising though.

Next we'll hear about how none of them speak English. Did your great grandparents that came over on a boat learn to speak English before coming? Do they speak solid English yet? I have friends with great grandparents that spoke their native languages of Norwegian, German, Polish, etc. for decades. Within a generation or two their families will fully assimilate just like millions of other families did.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 05-22-2011 at 11:56 AM..

Old 05-22-2011, 04:01 PM

296 posts, read 638,404 times
if they cant afford to have families in their own country then why when they come here do they have 4,5 or more kids? how much are they making in those fields? its because they recieve free healthcare. hopsitals can not legally turn away anyone(mores the pity). so who gets stuch with those unpaid paid bills? if you love illegals so much please by all means you pay for everything they want or need and leave my money alone. and just so you know....my friends took years to get here as a family because the lottery didnt include the whole family. so half was here learning english, our laws, our way of life.....not squirting out free anchor babies! and fyi i earn enough to be happy, it just would be nice to have a free ride like welfare/food stamp folk get. and yes i know of plenty...i work for the state. way more than half are lifers or illegal with fake papers. noone wins in this stupidity! we tried one way, its time to try a different way. who knows what will happen. might turn out for the good. i gotta get a popsicle.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:25 PM

951 posts, read 745,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashford View Post
if they cant afford to have families in their own country then why when they come here do they have 4,5 or more kids? how much are they making in those fields? its because they recieve free healthcare. hopsitals can not legally turn away anyone(mores the pity). so who gets stuch with those unpaid paid bills?
They get emergency medical care. Are you suggesting they come here to get sick/injured bad enough they can go to the emergency room?

Quote:
if you love illegals so much please by all means you pay for everything they want or need and leave my money alone. and just so you know....my friends took years to get here as a family because the lottery didnt include the whole family. so half was here learning english, our laws, our way of life.....not squirting out free anchor babies! and fyi i earn enough to be happy, it just would be nice to have a free ride like welfare/food stamp folk get. and yes i know of plenty...i work for the state. way more than half are lifers or illegal with fake papers. noone wins in this stupidity! we tried one way, its time to try a different way. who knows what will happen. might turn out for the good. i gotta get a popsicle.
coolstorybro,jpg

They are a net benefit to the economy as a whole, meaning you benefit through cheaper goods & services, etc. They don't take your money. Links to these studies have been shared already in this thread.

Illegals don't get welfare/food stamps. You must do a shoddy job as a state worker to be spreading lies like that.

It's been said many times itt but if the only thing that bugs you is them not coming legally, immigration reform to allow easier to obtain work visas so they don't have to sneak in is the simplest, cheapest and most sensible option and solves your problem nicely. I have a feeling you just don't want them all here. Would you be fine with open immigration as long as they can get a job and are crime free?

Old 05-22-2011, 04:42 PM

curse we dun wana em ere. they tuk uuoor jebs!!

Illegals are an issue but playing das feurer (like az tried to) is not the solution. Those advocating that are probably the same people who would love a private group session in a dark room with lubed latex gloved TSA agents.......... just saying. im not judging, im just saying. It's the same line of thought and you know it, whether you want to admit it or not...

Old 05-23-2011, 10:55 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
hahahahah

1. funny when people say that when they have never done it
2. your passport isnt designed to be carried around. it will get lost and damaged in a few weeks. look at the beating stuff in your wallet takes, and thats solid plastic, double laminated.
3. see 1 above
4. see 3 above
Do you know what a passport card is? Hint: it's a small plastic card which is specifically designed for carrying around in your wallet.

U.S. Passport Card

Last edited by rcsteiner; 05-23-2011 at 11:37 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,985,671 times
That's funny...being asked for your papers routinely is something I usually associate with third world countries. Police have used them to harass me and extract bribes from me.

It's horrible and sad to think that these policies will be coming to my home country. Hopefully the Supreme Court will do something about it.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Do you know what a passport card is? Hint: it's a small plastic card which is specifically designed for carrying around in your wallet.

U.S. Passport Card

because all 190+ countries in the world have those?

HA HA HA. again, stop amusing me. please.

also said passport card is pretty much useless, unless you are going to mexico for cheap drugs or canada for cheap healthcare. im guessing you do neither. because i know you dont have one and are not using it to hop across south asia or the like with it.....

Old 05-24-2011, 10:37 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
@testa50mexicans, Thanks to you it's becoming a third-world country here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia